Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Check your activation day

This is a discussion on Check your activation day within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well theres nothing on the BT orders section for my line. I'm waiting till tomorrow before i do anything. Sky ...

tapzilla2k is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Oxford SMOF
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well theres nothing on the BT orders section for my line. I'm waiting till tomorrow before i do anything. Sky have until the mac code runs out to get this sorted. Otherwise i shall take my custom elsewhere and that includes my tv subscriptions.

2. Advertisement
      vishal is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kenton Road (LWKROA)
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      too bad its quite the opposite for me now,
      had the router for nearly 2 weeks, but still no order to bt.

Lawman Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Did not wait until tonight, Just got off the phone..

After the normal menu selection and 2 min wait.

Me "good afternoon, I rang on Sat. just to check my order status, and to query the where abouts of my router, as I am due to be activated on the 7th Sept."
      Female CS "your order is progressing fine, no problems showing, but we do not hold information on the router"
      Me "How can you tell me my order is fine"
      CS "I brought up your details on the System"
      Me " Really!!!..How did you manage that, you don't even know who I am"
      CS "I got the your Order information of our system"
      Me "But you still don't know who I am, so how can you tell me the status of my order"
      CS "give me your details and I will check,"
      Me " So you did not, bring up my details then"
      CS "how could I because I had not taken any Details"
      Me "Can I speak to a manager or supervisor please"
      CS "No one here at the moment"
      Me "OK, Just cancel the Broadband and sky TV"

Silence..Music...Voice "hello supervisor here"

Without going through all the rigmarole again. activation date still 7th they will try to get in touch with courier, and once again a promise of a phone call..

My parting words were... "OK thank you, however if I have not received router by Wednesday,
      Then I shall be ringing back to cancel everything, and seeking legal advise if I lose connection to my current ISP on said activation date.

*motto...don't mess with the Law*

fedup2 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Where is my router

Having ordered Sky Broadband weeks ago everything went smooth. Got Mac Code from BT advised Sky and received activation date 23 August 2006. 12 days later I am still not connected due to Router not being delivered.

I have spoken with Sky Customer Services virtually everyday and am getting different answer everytime.

- Has been sent out will track with Parcel Force - could not find.

- Sent out again on Tuesday 29 August - has not arrived.

- Routers out of stock.

- Problem in the hands of Management

- Routers not out of stock - Sky have plenty.

Is there anyone out there that could HELP me resolve this situation.

Thanks

Ralph is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWNEDG
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: 2x Sky+HD 1tb
      Thanks
      How difficult would it be for Sky to get their BB web site working properly, to be able to sign in, to have a functioning account page, which we could access to see ones progress, or lack of, to active service / status of active service.

Although I could sign in about a week ago, I can no longer do so. Even when I could, the site was flakey at best.

It must be costing Sky, its customers, and its customers employees a lot of money simply trying to find out if things are on track & if not why not.

Even the kick back from their "premium rate" (if one uses them) phone numbers wouldn't pay the staff salaries which would thence be rendered unneccessary.
      LWNEDG
      Unlimited

spcdust is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I think the general theme is that Sky need to integrate their systems a lot more efficiently. The amount of info available to the CS reps seems to be minimal. For example, they can't tell anyone if and when their router has been despatched, only refer to "problems" with your line (no specfics), don't seem to call people back automatically when there is a problem and seem reluctant to escalate genuine issues.

I count myself fortunate as I have got my router and have only had a weeks delay on my line go active, which is hopefully on Wednesday (much better this way than others whose line is active but no router). From day one I have regularly called Sky to get a progress report and I suspect that this has "jollied" the order along as I think my MAC code may have initially been rejected. It would be so much more efficient if, as Ralph suggested, Sky had an order progress section on their web-site (AKA Plusnet), where everyone could just monitor their order and immediately see delays/problems and respond accordingly.

Ultimately, as I and others have said, it's early days for Sky Broadband and one has to accept these teething problems - although this doesn't make these problems any more palatable for those suffering from them. Hopefully Sky monitor these forums and take everyones comments on board and refine the whole process.

spcdust

Lawman Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Accept teething problems yes...Inept/poor customer Service..NO

Cherimoya is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horsham Carfax
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I am due to be activiated on Thursday, having already been cancelled once due to a MAC input error.

Still no router, so I called only to be told to call back on Thursday if it hadn't arrived by then and that my query will be raised with provisioning.

The sad thing is, is that it has a weary inevitably about it. A bit like watching a car roll toward the edge of a cliff. You know it's going over the edge and it will all end in pieces but there's nothing you can do to stop it.

Sigh. I'll guess I'll have to wait till Friday and sort it out then

is1111 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      i feel the same cherimoya. i should have my router and be ready to go for tomorrow but no sign of it.
      i'd rather have the router here and be waiting a bit longer for the line to be activated. now going to end up with no BB as line will no doubt be active tomorrow and i will be chasing my tail trying to find router.
      how difficult is it for sky to know if router has been sent they must keep track of who has been sent routers.
      i'm sure if i received and signed for my router and tried to claim i didn't have it they would be pretty quick to prove it had been sent and signed for instead of sending another.
      just seem to be totally inept and a pretty poor start as far as i am concerned.

Shayes6 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quick Update from a few pages back.

Called Sky & got straight through which surprised me, spoke to a very helpful Irish guy called Stephen which was again a surprise & he initially advised that BT had reported a problem on my line. I explined the fact that my Billing date for my ISP is coming up so I could do with something more concrete & he called BT for me & advised the new activation date is the 7th.

Hope so as my billing date is the 8th

Happy enough with that

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast