Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Check your activation day

This is a discussion on Check your activation day within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I must have been very lucky then as I have only ever had to call them twice, the first was ...

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I must have been very lucky then as I have only ever had to call them twice, the first was to make an enquiry and the second was to place my order.

I received the first letter a couple of days later then they called me and told me that there was a slight problem with my exchange and that my activation would be slightly delayed then the router showed up on the
      Friday and the activation letter on Saturday the BT checker was updated on the 31st saying activation on the 7th.

As I am not an impatient person I have been willing to wait and let the whole process run its course.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

2. Advertisement
      brucemac is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: South Shields
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I found out on the day of activation that there was a problem with the line and was activated a day later after a bit a few calls to customer service.

In my experience i have aften found its best to check, as when i called up the advisor had said that only once some one had been through to the provisioning department and these confirm if everything is ok,

So the other advisors must of looked on the screen and not fully checked.

I'm sure everything will be fine, i was just didn't trust what they had said so wanted to check so i wasn't caught out.

tapzilla2k is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Oxford SMOF
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well i've recived no letter about the activation date, though i was told on the phone it was set for 5th of september. Still no sign of the router. If the router does not turn up and nothing happens with my connection, then i shall be making yet another irate phonecall to Sky.

hugsie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: CMASHF
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      I never got my letter with an activation date, I got it over the phone. No problems with my activation.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      When did your router show up ? I was told i'd get it on the 5th, which seems a bit odd to me. I have had my order cancelled twice so far. If this one fails, i'll probably give up on Skybroadband for the time being.

hugsie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: CMASHF
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      My router arrived on 25th August, well it would have if I had been there to sign for it! So that was 5 days after I ordered.

ETA: I switched from cable not ADSL, so I had no MAC issues to hold me up. That may have made my sign up more straight forward.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yeah i guess so, though i ordered on the 24th of August, but i guess the bank holiday weekend delayed stuff. I wish Sky would inform people when theres a problem with an order, instead of people chasing Sky up all the time.

Lawman Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Still waiting for my router as well, activation date 7th Sept...well see..
      I will be ringing sky tonight...and will take it from there, cancel or stay..

is1111 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      my activation date is tomorrow 5th but i still don't have my sky router!!
      bt website confirms activation due tomorrow but sky can't tell me where the router is. all they could say today was to call back tomorrow if line was activated and sky router still hadn't arrived.
      ordered late afternoon on 22nd August and think sky had problem with order and this is second attempt.

find it pretty poor that they won't confirm that router is on its way or not and will only check this out tomorrow once line is supposed to be active.
      can see me being without BB service for a few days this week

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I hope it does show up but from some of the posts I have read on here this seems to be a big problem for SkyBB at the moment a lot of routers seems to have gone missing, I sure hope SkyBB sort this problem out ASAP or there is going to be all hell to pay for it.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast