Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Connect to Max - My experience

This is a discussion on Connect to Max - My experience within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; sky told me the order was placed on fri 5th. should it have appeared by now or was that a ...

simonh is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMBURTO
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Connect to Max - My experience

sky told me the order was placed on fri 5th. should it have appeared by now or was that a lie as well? I might just forget about broadband at home and use the local library

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I wish I could tell you as I have no idea how long it takes from the orders being place to showing up on the checker.

All you can really do is wait and watch, believe me its worth having Max if you are able to get full speed or near it anyway.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

jameseb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Llanishan SWLNI
      Broadband ISP: Connect - but soon Max (4/1/06)
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Same thing happened to me but there has been "a problem" with the order - spoke to cs tonight, who in turn spoke to provisioning, who in turn need to esculate the order with some other team to get the transfer done! LOL! well as ive got bband on connect at the min im not too worried - might argue the toss with sky about only paying the 10 a month from the day they said i should have been transferred so ill post about that when i get time to ring em again...
      Арте́льный горшо́к гу́ще кипи́т. (Moral: Working as a team produces better results!)

имейте большое рождество и С Новым годом (have a great christmas and a happy new year )

Dont ya just love russian proverbs!

J-ames

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thats the good thing about being on Connect I guess as long as BT don't cease you before they move you to LLU which they have been known to do

Good luck to you all and I hope it all goes smoothly
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

gurvy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Great Barr
      Broadband ISP: Max - 14MB - ADSL2
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

@simon I have rang sky about 3 times since the 21st Dec and all 3 of their staff have told me the same thing about being a delay. I purposely rang them twice in one day just in case I got a different story but to there credit I didn't.

Definitely ask for a reduction!

ALso to be fair to sky I have never had any problems since day one, equipment arrives a week before activation date and even then my line was activated 4 days in advance. So fingers crossed!!
      Last edited by gurvy; 08-01-07 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Extra info

Plusnet suck is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky will not change you to Max, they supposedly tried 3 times with my connection, all 3 were rejected by Bt for the same reason (migration key missing) i was also told i would be upgraded to Max by xmas !!! and am also getting connect for a reduced price even though i would prefer to be on Max.

Sky just dont seem to have a clue as to what they are doing for people on connect who were told they could have Max by xmas.

simonh is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMBURTO
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Has anyone else had this: phoned sky provisioning today. explained to the bloke that I'm wanting an update as to when I will get upgraded to max package. He accessed my info and then said... wait for it... 'It looks like you have a child lock on your line I have never heard of such a thing much less requested it. I was then told that there seemed to be some problem with getting transfered, no one could figure it out (whatever 'it' is). I'd be called back when they had got to the bottom of it.
      I now phone sky from work when ever I want a laugh. they come up with some great comedy.

GSK69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Earlsdon, Coventry
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I've been having the same problems... mentioned on previous posts, cut a long story short, this was the email I sent to Sky a couple of days ago.... doubt I'll get a response for ages.... GSK

To Whom it may concern,

I am writing to make a complaint about my broadband service I have with you. I was connected on the 18th September 2006 to the Sky 'connect' package as I was informed my exchange was not on the Sky network.

This comes at a charge of 17.00 per month using BT's equipment. I was promised that as soon as my exchange was Sky enabled I would be automatically transferred onto the 'Mid' package at 5.00 per month being a Sky TV customer.

I found out at a later date, that my exchange was Easynet/Sky enabled on the 19th September 2006 - just a day after I was connected to the 'Connect' package.

This information regarding exchange enablement is available on The Broadband Resource and also www.skyuser.co.uk

When I realised that my exchange was enabled on your network, I called your customer services department who confirmed the exchange was enabled. The person I spoke to explained that he was unsure what to do and would check with his supervisor. He came back to say he have to manually transfer my line over to SKY LLU as I wanted to upgrade to the 'Max' package.

This was back in November 2006 and I have not heard anything since. My line has never been upgraded, no phone call, no letter, nothing.

1 - I find it extremely shocking that your customer service representatives didn't know what to do in this situation

2 - I can't beleive I have never been contacted to explain what has been happening with my request

3 - I am angry that my exchange was enable a day after you connected me to the 'Connect' package, if you had waited another couple of days, no doubt I would have been able to connect to your 'Max' package as I originally wanted

4 - It's unfair that I am forking out 17.00 a month for what essentially is a BT product, when Sky have had their equipment installed at my exchange for nearly 4 months - I should be paying 5.00 for the same service or 10.00 for the 'Max' package with a higher available speed

I feel a bit cheated that I was convinced to take Sky broadband, along with a 12 month contract, as I was given the impression I would be 'Swapped over' automatically when Sky installed it's equipment at my exchange.

I would like to be compensated for the inconvenience, and the need to have to complain. Please upgrade my line the 'Max' package as promised, or waive my 17.00 charge to 5.00 for the equivalent 'Mid' product for the past 4 months and until you upgrade my line.

I look forward to your response.

Yours Sincerely,

Gavin Kitson.

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

@Simonh. I was also told i had a child lock on my line along with various other excuses, it was not until i sent James Murdoch an email that i got a response saying i did not have anything on my line apart from Sky connect and that they would be changing my line sometime in the future, but that they could not give me any idea as to when.

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

@GSK69. If you havn't already, send the email to James Murdoch. i got nothing from the usual support emails apart from apologies, but when i sent various emails to James Murdoch i have upto now had at least 40 credited to my account. Another email is on the way asking that they put me on the 5 a month connect package like they are offering people now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast