Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Tie Pairs

This is a discussion on Tie Pairs within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Quite a few of us seem to have the dreaded "Tie Pairs" problem so for those who don't have a ...

Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Tie Pairs

Quite a few of us seem to have the dreaded "Tie Pairs" problem so for those who don't have a clue what they are I'll repeat what was told to me in an e-mail received from TS on Saturday.

"Dear ****

Thank you for your ongoing correspondence regarding your Broadband connection issue.

I can only apologise for the inconvenience this has been causing you, however after looking into your case, our escalated technical team started work on your Tie Pairs at your exchange yesterday (05/01/07). This is a complex procedure which should resolve your ongoing issue. Below is an understanding of this process:-

Tie Pairs are terminations on a frame block which will provide connections between frames. These connections are a wire path from one piece of equipment to another. Their only purpose is to tie equipment that is not located on the same frame or floor together. Tie Pairs function as an extension cord.

I am sorry if this all sounds a little 'Technical' however I wanted you to know what is actually happening with your issue now.

I am confident that your issue will be resolved in the very near future, now that this work has started. Our escalated technical team will contact you in due course when this wok is completed.

Many thanks for your ongoing patience in this matter.

Kind regards

Sky Broadband Technical Support"

2. Advertisement
      Hoagie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gedling (EMGDDLI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Tie Pairs

This thread

Has some info and references about the wiring and includes references to a few official documents on it.

3xH
      3xH is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wolverton SMWV
      Broadband ISP: Sky? lol, No Chance
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
      Quite a few of us seem to have the dreaded "Tie Pairs" problem so for those who don't have a clue what they are I'll repeat what was told to me in an e-mail received from TS on Saturday.

"Dear ****

Thank you for your ongoing correspondence regarding your Broadband connection issue.

I can only apologise for the inconvenience this has been causing you, however after looking into your case, our escalated technical team started work on your Tie Pairs at your exchange yesterday (05/01/07). This is a complex procedure which should resolve your ongoing issue. Below is an understanding of this process:-

Tie Pairs are terminations on a frame block which will provide connections between frames. These connections are a wire path from one piece of equipment to another. Their only purpose is to tie equipment that is not located on the same frame or floor together. Tie Pairs function as an extension cord.

I am sorry if this all sounds a little 'Technical' however I wanted you to know what is actually happening with your issue now.

I am confident that your issue will be resolved in the very near future, now that this work has started. Our escalated technical team will contact you in due course when this wok is completed.

Many thanks for your ongoing patience in this matter.

Kind regards

Sky Broadband Technical Support"
      WOW, perhaps you could enlighten us as to HOW you managed to escilate your case, as despite me phoning every 2 days no one I speak to will even accept that there is any reason to escillate my problem and one day it will eventually be fixed and I should just wait for that day to come.

I know I have only been waiting a short time compared to many others on this site, but I still consider 4 weeks without any broadband as taking the mickey somewhat, apparantly Sky don't agree
      Last edited by 3xH; 08-01-07 at 08:08 PM. Reason: typo

Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

@3xH

In answer to your question mate, I don't think I managed to do anything specifically to get the problem escalated. In fact the problem has been with escalated technical (Tier 3) since October 13 without anything happening until now.

If anything, all I ever actually did was keep pressuring customer relations about the issue & asking them to liaise direct with T3 to find out what is / was happening. This really just resulted in the same old "we have no date for resolution to the problem" e-mails (approx 50) until I received the one you see above.

I don't know if it helped but this is the full reproduction of the last e-mail I send prior to receiving notification

"*****

I can assure you I have not approached Sky with a view to cancelling my subscription account. I did mention to the TS department that I may need to cancel my Broadband account if I'm not made aware when the fault will be rectified. Being realistic, how on earth am I expected to wait an indeterminable length of time for a broadband service?

As stated on more than one occasion to Sky representatives I am extremely happy with the service I receive from Sky with the exception of the non operational broadband. What I find extremely frustrating though is the fact that no-one (except you) has made a visible attempt to bring the situation to a satisfactory conclusion.

I can think of no other ISP that would leave a customer 12 weeks (and still ongoing) without an operational broadband connection & offer no tangible timescale by which a resolution should be achieved.

I thank you again for the credits to my account & any further credits needed until the problem is resolved but all I actually want is an operational broadband service.

As requested previously, someone within the BSkyB organisation knows what exactly is happening with regard to when the problem is likely to be resolved, this person(s) have liaised with BT regarding the fault & must have knowledge of exactly what the fault is. I would like this person or a representative of this person to contact me with an open & honest answer. If the problem can't be resolved for another 3 months then so be it, at least I will then be given the chance to investigate a short term contract with another ISP so that when the problem is resolved I can sign up back to Sky Broadband. As it stands at the minute I'm being left in limbo not knowing what my options are.

I'm sure you fully appreciate my situation ***** & as stated above I appreciate your efforts & the fact that you can only tell me what you are told by others. I would now ask though whether you could please approach a senior management representative within the Broadband service section for an open & explicit answer as to when I am likely to have an operation Broadband Service.

Alternatively, if you can supply me with a contact name & number within either Sky or BT I will happily discuss the matter with them direct.

Regards

**** ******"

As I've said to anybody else that has asked for guidance, just keep pressuring Sky, try & get 1 point of contact (probably within customer relations) & ask them to keep the pressure on technical support. There's no guarantee that this works but at least this one person will know your whole case instead of speaking to a different individual each time

Apologies for the length of response.