Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your now activated ... but your not

This is a discussion on Your now activated ... but your not within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Just a point of interest, it certainly is possible to have two simultaneous connections on the same line. I've just ...

nomy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01565
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Your now activated ... but your not

Just a point of interest, it certainly is possible to have two simultaneous connections on the same line. I've just recently migrated from Orange and after the activation day, I was surprised to find I was still connected to Orange. I set up my SKY equipment, and was also able to connect to them. I contacted Orange and they say that the activation day is their 28 day notification of my intent to leave. So my connection will also remain live with them until the 15th Jan.

I must admit, I always thought that it was a physical switch at the exchange, and that their could only be one broadband connection. Apparently not.

I'm on Connect btw. no LLU at my exchange.

I just hope that come the 15th, I don't loose the lot!

2. Advertisement
      agentwalker is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

well got through to the 0800 800150 number and there apparently very busy at the moment and will ring me back, and so the wait continues

Exchange:
      Thanks

nomy - I think that'll be the case for you as like you said your on connect where as i'm moving from the usualy bt line to LLU , so i'd expect some sort of disconnection and reconnection of the exchange equipment.

Exchange:
      Thanks

just got a call back from that BT number and they couldn't give me the account number as I apparently no longer have one due to my line rental going through oneBill. But when I asked about any orders on the line they said there wasn't any which is a bit worrying .

going to switch the line rental back to BT so I can then move to sky talk then fingers crossed the internet sorts itself for monday.

But checking on the sky user page the've already added BB max and skytalk to my sky package even though i'm currently recieving neither.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Just a little update on my situation, well last monday opened a ticket and was told T3 would get back to me within 5 days, waited till friday and still nothing , no call and no change in my BB conection. So Emailed support, got a call back shortly after on friday afternoon, and they made the comment that the guy I spoke to on monday hadn't recorded a lot of information on the ticket report so they asked me some more questions and again got quoted another 5 days for some action.

And so the wait continues. God help them If I have to phone back next week and they try quoting me another 5 days

Exchange:
      Thanks

another update to this problem.

Well phoned on friday to have another moan as nothing had been done and no one had contacted me. So the people on Friday refused to pass me through to T3 and they said they have talked with them and it will be sorted over this weekend.

Now it's monday and still nothing has changed so managed to get T3's number off this forum and went straight to them.

T3 are now telling me that there was a fault on the line and that thieve had to put in a regrade order and it should be completed within the next day.

Anyone have any idea what this regrade is or are they fobbing me off again ?

Exchange:
      Thanks

Another update on my situation.

I'm still trying to get my connection sorted . for the past week and a half i've been trying to clear the line i.e. remove all markers and remove any adsl service provided by my old isp so i've then got a totaly clean line for sky to have another go at.

the problem now is getting nildram to **** off as basically i've phone and emailed them time and time again and they gave me a date of the 31st for a cease on there line the 31st went and nothing changed Nildram support and bT conform they are still on my line. and BT are now saying Nildram havn't placed any orders with them at all regarding a cease and have told me Nildram are telling porkys.

So after phoning Nildram again the say they did put an order in and theres nothing more they can do. So i've phone on the blower to OFCOM and made a complaint and wrote a letter to Nilldram threatening further action so they'll get off my line as it's stopping me moving anywhere not just sky.

anyone else had to do anything this extream before ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12