Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why do SKY have no idea when my connection will be fixed?

This is a discussion on Why do SKY have no idea when my connection will be fixed? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; see my 'blog' here http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-b...-november.html...

dwicker is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: guildford
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Why do SKY have no idea when my connection will be fixed?

Regards

David M Wicker

2. Advertisement
      Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Why do SKY have no idea when my connection will be fixed?

Hi dwicker

You seem to have a situation virtually exactly the same as me. See Here

First I was told that I had a "Failed Migration" & they didn't know when it would be resolved

Secondly I was to that the card I was connected to on the Easynet DSALM was defective & they were looking into the problem BUT they didn't know when it would be resolved

The latest is that they (Sky) allegedly had a meeting with BT at the exchange during which it was confirmed that the problem was with BT equipment after all!! But yes you guessed it, they don't know when it will be resolved.

To be honest mate, I'm now sick of it, sick of being treated like an idiot, sick of being treated like they expect me not to cancel my account, & sick of being lied to.

I've decided that if the problem isn't resolved by end of Jan I'm cancelling everything with Sky. They can whistle for my 60 or so per month as they obviously don't value my custom.

For the record, this saga has been ongoing 13 weeks on Wednesday 10th Jan.......pathetic

Suffering Sam is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 952
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Psycho, my case is simple, yet even worse. Signed up in August, chased router in October, duly received 17th OCt and activation set as 26th. Nothing happened ever since, except called eveyone possible in sky. Staright provisioning (not even a migration!)

Everyone in SKy knows the dreaded "TIE PAIRS" is the problem, but NO ONE , repeat absolutely NO ONE has ever responded by saying when or who is going to fix them. Even the provisioning team dont know who is supposed to fix / replace / shift the tie pairs. (apparently it is just some jumper settings that BT engineers regularly do, but havent since no order from SKy/Easynet was forthcoming). A real bunch of dimwits.

Now they say BT is going to review the situation on 8th January 2007! Wonder what is there to review when problem is well known and a fix needs to be ordered. Even the tea lady would know Tie pairs is problem.

AS for yr 60 pounds forget it. Its a numbers game for them. I am with SKy tv for well over 15 yrs, bt who gives a ****?

Dont hold your breath till end January. Move if you can.

Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks

@suffering sam

Same here mate, been with Sky for 12 years, always had the max TV package & have Sky+ multiroom installation.

Have you moved ISP? if so who to? I'm itching to move but it will be my luck that on the same day Sky get off my line the problem will get resolved plus for 10/month it's a cracking deal.

I just hate the lies & the fact that nobody has the guts to tell us how long we have to wait

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Not yet Psycho. 8th Jan is the deadline, else have a standing order to cancel all Sky incl. TV. NTL/Telewest have most channels available anyway. SO 3 for 30 pounds is not bad deal (minimum 2 megs assured special offer). (for TV, Phone and Broadband).Besides I hear they will gradually offer upto 10 megs for same price and lot more Media/TV with Virgin brand joinin in. So you wont miss much.

Hoagie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gedling (EMGDDLI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Just a thought...

Do Lucent (the people who make the DSLAMs) know that sky's knee jerk reaction to any problem is to blame the DSLAM card?

3xH
      3xH is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wolverton SMWV
      Broadband ISP: Sky? lol, No Chance
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Suffering Sam View Post
      Psycho, my case is simple, yet even worse. Signed up in August, chased router in October, duly received 17th OCt and activation set as 26th. Nothing happened ever since, except called eveyone possible in sky. Staright provisioning (not even a migration!)

Everyone in SKy knows the dreaded "TIE PAIRS" is the problem, but NO ONE , repeat absolutely NO ONE has ever responded by saying when or who is going to fix them. Even the provisioning team dont know who is supposed to fix / replace / shift the tie pairs. (apparently it is just some jumper settings that BT engineers regularly do, but havent since no order from SKy/Easynet was forthcoming). A real bunch of dimwits.

Now they say BT is going to review the situation on 8th January 2007! Wonder what is there to review when problem is well known and a fix needs to be ordered. Even the tea lady would know Tie pairs is problem.

AS for yr 60 pounds forget it. Its a numbers game for them. I am with SKy tv for well over 15 yrs, bt who gives a ****?

Dont hold your breath till end January. Move if you can.
      How / WHO did you get a date from, the provsioning team or do you talk to Tech Support?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

SRT team, Customer services, provisioning, the lot. They have all given up for the magical date of 8th January when BT is going to review the situation.

As such no one gives a hoot anymore. Just try discussing what tie pairs are with tech guys or provisioning guys and they will spin A NICE STORY.

One guy even reassured me it was ordered and ready in their department, just waiting to be handed over and installed when an engineer became free. Just like a mail order thing from Amazon.com . Upon asking which or whose (ie SKy,BT or Easynet) engineer, he hadnt the foggiest what he was talking about. Asked him what tiepairs looked like - he started fumbling.

What more can I/they say ?

The Craig is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Giffnock
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

If SRT informed you of whats going on, consider yourself informed.
      Provisioning, Customer Services? Their both just men and women paid to blab on the phones, they aren't as helpful as you would like. There are maybe a handful of employees in those sections who would be able to resolve these kind of errors. Thats why when you mention Tie Pairs, they get a little confused. You have to understand, most sky customers aren't terribly bright.
      How do i know this? 80% of the country is comprised of idiots.

I suggest you wait and see what happens, and have a little more patience.
      You've waited a while, what is another week or two?
      ---
      On the TV comment, anyone who feels NTL/Telewest TV is anywhere near as good value as Sky, their crazy.
      You know it yourself, that Sky is superior to NTL/Telewest by far, and if your going to talk about the telephone, jeez. Get Skytalk (if you haven't already).
      Free UK landline calls all day, AND free internationals? fiver? Sign me up.
      Sky Broadband Opinion? -- Excellent.
      Sky Broadband Uptime? -- Flawless.
      Sky Broadband Speed? -- Perfect.

Sky Broadband.. It rocks the socks.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Upon asking which or whose (ie SKy,BT or Easynet) engineer, he hadnt the foggiest what he was talking about. Asked him what tiepairs looked like - he started fumbling.
      I am at present trying to do an explanation of what Tie Pairs are and what is required to fit them so to speak.... watch this space.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast