Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Bad bad baaaaaad connection..help!!

This is a discussion on Bad bad baaaaaad connection..help!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well on paper Sky Broadband seemed the way forward. I was on Plus net 2Mb account for around 3 years ...

jon_boy_uk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Bad bad baaaaaad connection..help!!

Well on paper Sky Broadband seemed the way forward. I was on Plus net 2Mb account for around 3 years - perfect connection....

Then I transferred to Sky BB in Sept 06, since then I have had the most choppy connection known to man. I've done all the usual things, tried to speak to sky, spoken to Tier 1-3 support teams, changed all sorts of things and am left with a dodgy connection.

It works, well about 45% of the time. I can be using the internet (downloading at a steady 6Mbit's/sec) and then suddenly it all drops out. Reset, okay...for a bit. Can last 2 hours or 2 mins....

If I log into my router when I have no connection, a lot of the time my IP/DNS settings are empty. Somtimes they are still there but the connection is dead. My Noise Margin is around 8.2 most of the time.

On average it gets rebooted between 12-15 times a day. I need some help and you guys are my only hope! (Scuse the Star Wars talk)!

What can I do?

Yours desperately

Jon

2. Advertisement
      stealthdevil is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LVGAT
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Did you try disabling uPnP..?

It could also be your house telephone wiring. If it's in a star format, then it's fine, if it's a round loop, then that can be a problem...Would need to rewire, or get a BT engineer to do it for you (they may charge for this).

jon_boy_uk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

What's the difference between the round loop and star wiring format?