Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

How would you improve your Sky BB service?

This is a discussion on How would you improve your Sky BB service? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Dear All, Firstly thanks Wheelie, SatDish, NewsreadeR et al for all your hard work, I've been in charge of handling ...

paulyonder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leamington Spa
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

How would you improve your Sky BB service?

Dear All,
      Firstly thanks Wheelie, SatDish, NewsreadeR et al for all your hard work, I've been in charge of handling the broadband for our student property, and plumped with Sky a few weeks back and this site has been a total godsend.

I'm currently a Student at the University of Warwick, and set a 3rd year essay of evaluating a service of my choice, the wealth of actual users experiences on this forum meant Sky BB was an ideal choice.

I was wondering if anyone who was browsing the forums and had a minute to spare, would mind posting any suggestions they have on improving Sky's BB service? It could be anything that has particularly griped you be it call waiting times, the impossible access to tier 3, or the annoyance of realising even on max, there's no chance you're gonna be hitting 16meg anytime soon!

Thanks ever-so much for any time you guys can spare, and you never know I may send the finished product off to Mr. Murdoch, hopefully it'll make for an eye-watering read!

Thanks again

Paul

2. Advertisement
      rbentley is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I'd have been moved over to Sky Mid as soon as it was available (November '06) as promised.

But nope, still stuck on Sky Connect @ 17 p/m. With friends on Sky Base rubbing it in!

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Communication with their customers is probably one of the most important areas that is lacking at present as people seem to get told different things by different people.

paulyonder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leamington Spa
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      Communication with their customers is probably one of the most important areas that is lacking at present as people seem to get told different things by different people.
      This does seem to be a huge sticking point, does anyone feel their expectations of the service they were to receive varies drastically to the reality? Certainly mis-selling of speeds by Sky is an issue that seems to be producing many a post on this site?

Thanks for the comments so far!

Paul

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      I nearly forget the other important area that needs looking at is the portal and email issues whereby some people can't get logged in at all despite being on the Sky network for months. All we hear from Sky is that the "issue is being looked into".

bryan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leith
      Broadband ISP: PlusNet Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Technicolor TG582n Fibre Router
      Sky TV: Amstrad Sky+
      Thanks
      Not top of the list of priorities I'm sure but eventually it would be good if Sky offered a Usenet newsgroups service. This is something I use every day.

I never use an ISP's email service but use an independent one so I am free to change ISP without too much hassle. I particularly recommend Gmail from Google as they give you well over 2Gb of storage for free.

sparkey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01834
      Broadband ISP: BT ADSL2+
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks
      1.....When you phone customer service and they say they will phone back and never do.

2..If you take up the sky call package and broadband and you have to phone the customer service it should be FREE like AOL do

Apart from that I have had a very good service up to now ( touch wood ).

MattB is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bexleyheath
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Customer communication (as well as internal talking) would be my main complaint. That, and I didn't believe what I was being told as I was told many different things (as to the cause of my technical problem) each time I called up.

My order took 3.5 months to sort. I hardly got any updates from Sky - I had to keep calling up to remind them of the outstanding issue. In fairness, a couple of the Tier 3 chaps were very helpful and, tbh, much better on the phone than the customer service staff...

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      @paulyonder, If you are UNI students and has your NUS or UCAS number, You may be able to apply for a Better Students Broadband deal?