Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Incompatible service

This is a discussion on Incompatible service within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Signed up to Sky BB on the 22nd August but just recieved a letter from Sky, 29th August, asking me ...

JamesC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Incompatible service

Signed up to Sky BB on the 22nd August but just recieved a letter from Sky, 29th August, asking me to phone them as there is a problem. They say that BT are unable to progress my order as their is an incompatble service on my line and that I need to contact BT in order to fix the problem. I know this is rubbish as I already have Zen broadband with no problems. As I have switched my phone billing to the post office I phone them. They inform me that the only services I have are caller ID and 1571 answerphone and there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to get Sky BB. He then very kindly informs me that he has heard that BT are playing 'silly buggers' and sometimes refusing to switch broadband suppliers if you have switched your billing away from BT - doesn't surprise me in the least. Phone back Sky to let them know that there are no incompatible services on my line. Am told will have to wait up to 5 days for this to be resolved one way or another.

Anybody else had any problems like this?

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      BT are unable to progress my order as their is an incompatble service on my line
      this could be your Zen product, as their systems dont seem (BT) to realise that having ADSL already causes this error sometimes. If i can find the link i will post it for you later

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi James

I am real sorry to read about the problems you are having and yes I have not only heard about this being a problem I have a friend that had they very same problem he had is phone with talktalk if I remember right and wanted to move to another ISP and was told he couldn't, I think it had something to do with the line rental being moved to the new phone provider.

Heres hoping you manage to get this all sorted out please do keep us all informed on your progress.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

fupping is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi,

I had an identical problem with my broadband when i moved house. My ISP said they couldn't actvate my broadband on my new phone line because the was an "imcompatible product on the line".

After alot of going backwards and forwards, it turned out that the line had a marker left on it from whoever the ISP was for the previous occupants of the house.

So i had to get in touch with BT Wholesale and request that the marker be removed, which took about 7 days from the day i requested it if i remember correctly.

So maybe your old ISP haven't removed the marker, and a phone call to BT wholesale might be the answer.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      ^^^ thank you thats what i was looking for

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks everyone. Looks like it could be a number of things but I'm guessing that it has something to do with the fact I'm with the post office for my billing. I'll wait though and see what Sky come back with. I'll post here when I find out.

I've just realised that it wasn't an incompatible service but an incompatible product that was on my line.

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      same thing normally

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I've now been informed that my order has been cancelled and my 20 has been refunded, so I'm not too amused. I was told the best thing to do was to do a new order and try again. Hopefully this time I'll have more luck

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I am really sorry to hear that James

Are you going to try again ?
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Already done so. I am a bit peeved about this as Sky didn't even bother telling me they had cancelled my order. I only found out as I phoned them. I wish they would have more info on why the order has been cancelled rather than 'incompatible product' which could mean anything.

Oh well back to the waiting game.
      Last edited by Wheelie; 04-09-06 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Please do not quote the preceding post. Please use QUOTE sparingly if you wish to aim a reply at a user then please use @User Name this helps us to keep the forum tidy and posts more compact. Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast