Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Migration Delays?

This is a discussion on Migration Delays? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Over the past five years I have migrated twice before - BT to Pipex then Pipex to F2S. Both of ...

jennifer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LocksH
      Broadband ISP: O2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Foxsat HDR
      Thanks

Migration Delays?

Over the past five years I have migrated twice before - BT to Pipex then Pipex to F2S. Both of these migrations were problematic BEFORE the actual change-over. However, once an activation date was allocated it happened smoothly and all within a few minutes/hours.

From my reading on these forums, migration to Sky seems to take possibly weeks and this AFTER an activation date is set. Am I correct and why should this be so in 2006/7 when the process was so smooth in 2001?

Jennifer

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Because this is Sky we are talking about and putting aside the fact that they are a relatively new ISP they come across to me at times that they do not know what they are doing, you only have to read some of the threads on here to see that.

My migration happened on the very day it was supoosed to although both the router and the letter informing me of the date turned up two days later.

zaffali is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max..activated 28th dec BUT internet on 31st dec !!!
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Majority of the migration are done within 10-15 days with no issues. see sky happiness thread.
      I ordered my migration from plusnet to sky online on 15th dec 06. got 2 letters on 2oth dec. one thanking me for choosing sky (welcome letter), the other stating that BT would carry out the activation on 28th dec.
      The router arrived on the same day ie 20th dec

BT activated me on the 28th at about 3:00 pm it took them 10 mins
      On powering up the sky router it connected to BT exchange but had not been able to get IP from sky servers and came out with error code 300.
      After ring help desk 3 times the eventually sorted the issue on 30th at 11:30pm... once I managed to contact their tier 3 tech dept.

So, for the price of 10 for max package it was not that much of a pain being with out internet for about 3 days! Up to now the connection has been stable....... fingers crossed

Disillusioned is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSFLT Filton Bristol
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I ordered by phone on the 15th Dec. I received 2 letters and router on the 20th and informed of Activation date of 28th Dec. Activated at above expected download speed at just after 10am on the 28th as promised.

It seems to be the luck of the drawer as to what experience you receive, but you can bet your bottom dollar that far more disgruntled customers will post their feelings than happy ones will. That is just the way things are.

All I can say is that I am one of the happy ones for whom everything went spiffingly.

~Computing today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning~

bongofury is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

pending deletion....

So pleased to read that someone is happy with sky. I ordered sky BB for my father on 21st September. I've phoned them at least once a week since the the second week of Oct and still no BB. The request was given to BT, who 'lost' it. So it had to be deleted to then be able to reinstate it....sky take care of this, and it takes between 5 & 30 days. We are now at day 50, and apparently there is no one that I can talk to, to try and speed up the process. the call was escalated to the 'Order managment team' before xmas, because we understand your frustration, blah blah blah.........! Spoke again today, still no info. Anyone got any ideas...apart from using a different isp?

Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      @bongofury

Do what I've done, complain to Watchdog. We only need several of us with valid complaints to submit details on the link below & I feel sure they will look into it

Watchdog Complaint Submission Link

Good Luck