Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Do I, or dont I? Can I? Should I?

This is a discussion on Do I, or dont I? Can I? Should I? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Lo all Been waitin a while for my exchange to be enabled on Easynet LLU thangy. AT last it is. ...

Guy
      Guy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: willaston
      Broadband ISP: mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Question Do I, or dont I? Can I? Should I?

Lo all

Been waitin a while for my exchange to be enabled on Easynet LLU thangy. AT last it is. (Willaston)

Suddenly got a call from Sky...Hi, would you like to come to SKY for your broadband?

A few months ago I would have snatched her hand off. F2S were goin down the pan, and I needed to jump ship quick. However, F2S seem to have improved (at least for me), and I am now in two minds as to whether to leave.

Im not big on tinternet lingo n'all so please excuse me if I say somethin daft.

I pay my phone bills to Talk Talk, not BT. It is a BT line. I seem to be under the impression that this may cause me a problem with transfering my MAC from F2S to SKY. Is this correct? or should I not worry?

Im already on broadband, do I need to pay an activation fee to SKY? I am looking at the mid package.

I dont seem to be able to keep my old favourite router ZoomX6, I have scoured various forums and find no mention of it being one of the accepted few.

Will the transfer from F2S to SKY go seemlessly without any major connection losses or issues?

Should I stay put?

thanks for your time

Regards

Guy
      Last edited by Guy; 30-12-06 at 12:04 AM. Reason: im old n slow

2. Advertisement
      Hoagie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gedling (EMGDDLI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Personally I wouldn't. But I'm biased (see the my experience thread).

I'd wait a week or two then ring tech support and make sure no problems have shown up at the exchange. Also do a search on here for the exchange to make sure no-one is having problems.

Disillusioned is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSFLT Filton Bristol
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Isn't this the joy of a forum, so many different views on a single subject?

I can't answer all of your questions, but someone will. The ones that I can are these:

Yes you will have to pay the 20 as you have to have a connection to different equipment and that is the price that Sky have published for the Mid package. You could go for the Max and get it free.

As for seamless migration, it really seems to be the luck of the draw. Some of us migrated in under 10 days (over the Christmas period) and others are still waiting after months of waiting. See the posts in Sky happiness and Unhappiness.

Whatever you decide, good luck

~Computing today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning~

MrStabby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      In the case of newly installed LLU equipment I don't think there's anything I would worry about. I know the strict QA Easynet are putting them through after the problems they have had before.

Guy
      Guy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: willaston
      Broadband ISP: mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for the replies.

What is the different equipment I will be connecting to? (LLU) forgive my lack of understanding.

Maybe I take the advice and hang on for a few weeks.....see what happens.

Again, thanks for the info

Guy
      Last edited by Guy; 31-12-06 at 05:54 PM. Reason: im old n slow