Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

LLU or not?

This is a discussion on LLU or not? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I was wondering if anybody could help with this query. Iím singed up to Connect and after checking the ...

intoxicating is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Farnham (THFJ)
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Question LLU or not?

Hi, I was wondering if anybody could help with this query. Iím singed up to Connect and after checking the BT order page it shows up as Items in this order as I understand all ADSL connections now appear as LLU but Iíve not seen the Provide SMPF before. Easynet have their own equipment in the exchange however itís only upto 8MBs is it possible Iíve been moved over to that DSLAM?
      Many thanks.

Description Product name
      PROVIDE LLU LINE SHARE PSTN
      PROVIDE PROVIDE SMPF

2. Advertisement
      MrStabby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      SMPF and Line Share are for LLU products. It might be worth while contacting accounts and check your billing.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for the reply, Iíve now done a line test and it confirms Iím LLU although Sky say my package is Connect as thatís the only package available and that leaves me confused how can I be LLU and not on Skyís network?

AndyJG is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWSHAR (South Harrow)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      According to The Broadband Resource Easynet/Sky LLU is NOT available at Farnham.
      So I would say for once (slightly tongue in cheek) that Sky has got it right and you are on Connect.

Andy

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AndyJG View Post
      According to The Broadband Resource Easynet/Sky LLU is NOT available at Farnham.
      So I would say for once (slightly tongue in cheek) that Sky has got it right and you are on Connect.

Andy
      Thanks for your reply, I too have checked the Samknows and even Easynet checker and they both say Easynet LLU is not available although Easynet ADSL is available. On inputting my phone number on samknows I get this message now ďCongratulations, you are in a broadband enabled area.
      However, your line is currently unbundled by an LLU operator such as Be, Bulldog or Easynet (SMPF LLU). Moving to another provider may require a cease and re-provide, which may result in loss of service for up to two weeks.Ē

I know for certain the line has been LLUíd as BT have confirmed this but canít understand how if Sky/Easynet arenít apparently there.

Very confused.

AndyJG is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWSHAR (South Harrow)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Been doing a bit of reading and I think you might have answered your own question.
      Easynet have been in the game for quite some time.Is it possible your exchange was an early installation and is ADSL only?
      SMPF=Shared Metallic Path Facility to allow the BT voice and the broadband signal to share the same line --part of the unbundling process.
      BT have a similar splitting process for their ADSL.
      Is it possible that Sky use the term 'Connect' to mean Easynet ADSL rather than BT ADSL in the case of your exchange.
      It seems most other providers have used ADSL2 from the start.Is it possible that LLU has become a poor description for ADSL2?

I'm afraid I haven't explained this very well and am happy to be shot down/corrected if the theory is not correct.

I did find this checker Prodigy Networks from,I think,somewhere on this forum which gives more information about the exchange.

Andy
      Last edited by AndyJG; 01-01-07 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Put 'Metallic Path' in the correct order!

MrStabby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Odd, Are you 100% sure you're on the THFJ exchange?