Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

From Connect to MAX

This is a discussion on From Connect to MAX within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I'm in the same boat Ian, stuck on connect. Except i'm paying for Mid until i get moved to Max...

rbentley is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: From Connect to MAX

I'm in the same boat Ian, stuck on connect.

Except i'm paying for Mid until i get moved to Max

2. Advertisement
      iannufc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Jarrow (NEJW)
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Even better!

At least they seem to be understanding of this situation. I never thought I'd get it at the cheaper rate, but as they say in these parts shy bairns get no toys....

rbentley is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I even managed to get some one from Sky to ring ME up.

He told me they were having problems moving people onto their LLU products from BT products, and that he couldn't give me a time frame for when it would be fixed.

Oh well...

Restorer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

So do we actually know of *anyone* who has been switched from Connect to LLU? It's now over 3 months since mine my exchange was unbundled and I'm still getting nowhere. What really annoys me is why they have to keep fobbing people off instead of just saying what the problem is.

Who did you guys speak to to get your cheaper rate?

elevonic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01708 85
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Sky TV: multiroom
      Thanks

Hi, I ordered Connect last week, awaiting migration and connection. Just found out from Samnows yesterday that my exchange has been upgraded to easynet LLU. Do you think I'll get what I ordered or be put straight onto an LLU product? Thanks

old mcdonal is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

from Connect to MID
      Hello all, its been a while since i made a post or used this site, but as i made a call to sky i thought i share you my experience....sorry if this has been covered.

In december my exchange was upgraded to llu and therefore i called sky and they said i will get a letter once i have been moved to the MID package, they did not have a date when i would be moved over.
      Christmas passed and today i called up sky to see if they knew anymore info of when i would be moved over to MID. the BB c/s in scotland told me that i will receive a letter and they would not help me. i called up again (scotland BB cs) and made some excuse that my neighbour had been moved to mid and i still on connect, again they said i will receive a letter once its done, no dates of when....i asked if i could pay 5 for my connect service they declined.
      then i called one more time and spoke to a lady in the N Ireland Office and gave her my account details and she got the sales guys to do a line check and she ask what package i like to be moved to i said MID for now and i see how i get on...she came back after 1 minute and told me i was on the MID package and will be charged 5 -

if you phone someone in scotland they tell you that you will recieve a letter end of.

boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

@old mcdonal

Although they have put you on the MID package you are most likely still on Connect but just paying the MID monthly fee as it would seem after my numerous calls this is what I was told today. My exchange was upgraded in November.

Your comment about the Scottish call centres is not true, it all depends on who you speak to, I am from Scotland and when I have spoken to them they have been great but some do stick rigidly to the rules i'm afraid.

graham is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Jarrow, NEJW
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

gerrin im on the jarrow exchange too, hadnt realised it had been upgraded.. goin to call em too

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Alledgely it takes a month from exchange going live to get a connection on the LLU

Not sure if it is for new customers to sign up or from Connect to another of the packages.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

beethoven is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MRWAL (LLU since Oct06)
      Broadband ISP: connect billed as 17 - 12 = 5
      Thanks

posted the item below on the "connect for 5" thread, it probably is well placed here also:

Managed to get transfered around the universe in the end today - they could not transfer me from connect to MAX. The reason being that they needed to come to put a new cable into my house. I think from this I can deduce that connect is BT broadband, which is mentioned elsewhere, and the sweet girl who mentioned needing "new cable to my house" has to be meaning the cabling up of the sky/easynet equipment. Although my exchange was LLUed in October 2006 they have still not completed the work presumably. She was insistant that I would be contacted when they can offer MAX.
      However, I have been switched to 5 connect from 17. Another satisfied, frot eh moment customer!

I suppose the question really is has anyone been able to go from connect to MAX? If so what was exchange? and when was it LLUed?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast