Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

another administator ?

This is a discussion on another administator ? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; it gets worse ! Been having speed issues with sky since day 1. After 2 months of waiting and a ...

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

another administator ?

it gets worse ! Been having speed issues with sky since day 1. After 2 months of waiting and a nasty email to jmurdoch i finally got a call from anice guy at t3. he said my line stats looked fine and he did not want to cap my line as it has always connected at 8128. I asked if it could be a problem with the router and he sent me a new one - exactly the same ! tonite i tried to login to router and for ten mins got a message saying "another administrator logged in" - on finally getting in i find its now connected at 7616 !! (tried both routers - same ) and guess what its even slooowwweeerrrr - thyve capped me after saying that wasnt the problem and without telling me - i think its time to wash my hands of all things sky and try ntl ( shame coz so many people seem to have no problem but i've had anything but) at this point in time i feel like putting everything. sky tv inc in a box and sending back to jmurdoch with a copy of all corespondence and a torn up direct debit.
      sorry to ramble but just as i thought thinks were turning for the better they went the other way
      dave

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Hi

The message re another administator I have had quite a few times, when I have had 2 browsers open and trying to log into the router whilst logged in on the first one, if you get what I mean.

As for been slow that is very wierd as I am on 7mb and mine is fast, so even capped at 7.6 should be fast.

I don't know the magical answer and I am sorry I cannot help you any further.

Good luck!

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Thanks

Hi mate - yeah know what you mean about 2 browsers but i had just the 1 open.
      just a bit frustrated that they said my stats were fine at 8128 and now they've caped me to 7616 and its slowed done more - why change what they said ( and every post i've read on here concurs ) was fine ?
      I know youve not got all the answers and your continuing help is appreciated

dave

Thanks

meant to also say that they must have been capping me whilst i could not login to router as it was 8128 earlier tonite
      d

jamesyboy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      to two admin thing can also occur if you make any changes to the settings which would alter the wireless setup in any way..

Sometimes the router will auto re-boot without logging you out.. so when it restarts it still has the "other" user logged in, and when you attempt to access the same pages it sees you as a new user and blocks you out.

A simple hard reset of the router cures this problem.

dgilbert2 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Loughborough
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Non now
      Thanks
      I see your on Sky Connect?

Do (BT Wholesale?) cap ADSL Max lines?

Anyway, if now at 7Mb, is your connection more stable though?

Also are you on one of the many BT "red" exchanges which are known to have capacity/speed issues?

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      yea! These "red" exchanges only effect if you are on Connect only! As Skys LLU options go through a different system!

@dholdi, Enjoy trying to get the cap removed! They PLACED one on MINE and then WONT take it off because the line isnt stable with the high speeds, Tho' it could before and the neighbours and the other 5people on our road on Sky BB are all fine!

And they only seem to CAP you and stuff like that after yiur first month so your "Locked into a 12Month Agreement"!