Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Very slow internet connection

This is a discussion on Very slow internet connection within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I am on the bbmax package. I am capped at 8mb as if i use to get disconnections every now ...

checkmate is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Very slow internet connection

I am on the bbmax package.

I am capped at 8mb as if i use to get disconnections every now and then when my router tried to synch t 10mb n above so for stable connection i have been capped at 8mb. My router shows 6mb and when i ran speed test yesterday evening i was geting like 127kbps!!!!

was on fone with sky for 2 hours and got nowhere...they say their job is to get from exchange to router...after router its not thier responsibility!!...
      i tired on 3 different machines and record slow speeds. and sky keeps blaming sumits on my machine. Ive reinstalled windows so fresh machine no software and still getting that slow speeds.

Ive plugged into master socket and test socket still getting this slow speed...funnily enough when i tried today morning the speed was okish at 3mb still not what it should be. I requested to be transfered to tier 3 but they said they cant as thier job is get the router working after router its not thier job

Plus the lady kept going off the fone to keep asking for some super sky or sumits advise every question i ask she went off.

arghh realy angry but ive noticed net gets **** slow mainly in the evening.

Ill post my router stats when i get home tonight but is thier any tests i can do??? what sky have told me is i can just cancel lol im like wtf i should be saying i want to cancel but they said themself we cant do nufin so you can only cancel.

2. Advertisement
      Ysmalari is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sutton & Cheam
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I had a similar problem a week or so ago, the router would work fine for a couple of days and then grind to a halt. Interestingly my old ADSL1 router continued to work normally during these problems so I used mognuts utility (DG834GT) to set the sky router to G.DMT (Same protocol as my old router) and ever since then it has worked fine. There's more info on this tool in 'How to obtain your username and password' sticky in the tech section...