Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

BT 'compatible' line

This is a discussion on BT 'compatible' line within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Aghhh! After my strange phone call yesterday - I got a letter from Sky today asking me to contact them ...

thejollyswagman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cressington
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

BT 'compatible' line

Aghhh! After my strange phone call yesterday - I got a letter from Sky today asking me to contact them because there was a problem with my order. I phoned them to be told that BT had rejected the order - but the guy on the phone couldn't understand why as the MAC code etc. was all in order. At the moment my line rental and phone call charges go through a third party teleco - Toucan (even though it's a BT line). I may have put words into the guy's mouth, but he said that they couldn't go ahead with the order until I paid my line rental to BT. As it happens, I'm going back to BT this Friday (22nd). But is this right? I have what is a BT line, going into their exchange, I'm on PlusNet BB at the moment, surely there shouldn't be a problem?

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      I'm no expert but I can't see how it is right, surely it is up to you who you pay the line rental to. As long as you have the BT line which you do I can't see what the problem is.