Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Upgrading Sky BB package

This is a discussion on Upgrading Sky BB package within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello, I'm new to all this, I still have my trusty BT pay-as-I-go dial at home up but am going ...

Superdude is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: About to sign up
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Upgrading Sky BB package

Hello,

I'm new to all this, I still have my trusty BT pay-as-I-go dial at home up but am going to take the plunge and go for sky broadband very soon.

I'm not a heavy internet user so I'm not entirely sure which package to go for.

Does anyone know anything about how easy (or difficult) it is to change to a different package? I ask as I have no idea if 2Gb a month is enough (it sounds a lot to me) so if I went for the Base package and find 2Gb is not enough can I easily transfer to the Mid package?

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Hi

The packages are here to help you with choice etc.

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-b...age-costs.html

As far as we can tell, you can upgrade your contract but not downgrade (however a few have succeeded)

If it was me, Mid is a good package at 5 per month and gives you up to 40gb downloads (which is huge) and a cheaper connection of 20.00 against 40.00 for Base.

You may not think you will use 40gb now, but in the future, the internet will be orientated for downloading. Even at 5.00 a month, I bet it is a lot cheaper than what you are paying at the moment.

Also for the sake of 5.00 you will get speeds of up to 8mb against up to 2mb on the free one.

Your call, but don't pay for installation, even if you are none technical we will help you to install it yourself. It is very easy!

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Superdude is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: About to sign up
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

cheers

didnt realise the mid package was 20 quid less to set up, in that case I might as well start on the mid package, probably spend about 5 quid a month on dial up at the moment

I wont be paying any installation fee's pretty sure i'll be able to set it up myslef

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      No problems

As long as your PC has a network card / NIC / ethernet card, its a doddle.

If you do not have the above it is normally a case of plugging it all in and then you are good to go.

network card / NIC / ethernet card are the same thing, just different names.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      One thing I have omitted to tell you, as long as you can get Mid (which is subject to your exchange been enabled) otherwise your only choice would be Connect at 17.00 per month and a 40.00 connection iirc.