Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Broadband becoming unusable

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband becoming unusable within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Over the last week my broadband service has become almost unusable. I can only get online for a few minutes, ...

rodriguez is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Blackheath
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky Broadband becoming unusable

Over the last week my broadband service has become almost unusable. I can only get online for a few minutes, then all pages stop loading and I get constant "Page cannot be displayed" errors. Then a few minutes later they load again - but only for a short time. Is anyone else having these problems and is there any way I can improve it? If this carries on, I'm going to cancel and go back to an ISP that actually works. I can't put up with this much longer, I never know whether a page is going to load or not. Here are my line stats, in case there's something wrong with that:

Line mode G.dmt Line state Show Time
      Line up time 0:02:05:39 System up time 0:07:50:44
      Downstream speed 6880 Kbps Upstream speed 448 Kbps
      Downstream latency Interleave Upstream latency Interleave
      Trellis coding Enabled Loss of signal 0
      Line attenuation 26 dB Loss of frame 0
      Noise margin 7 dB CRC error 119
      Line up count 2 Total error duration 81 seconds

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site rodriguez

If you are on the connect package there is a 10 training period so if you have been turning your router off everyday then its not learning what it needs to.

If you would like to know more and dont mind some light reading then here are some usfull links Myth and magic of Max and FAQ on BT Max products
      Last edited by Wheelie; 17-12-06 at 08:30 PM.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here