Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Process confirmation???

This is a discussion on Process confirmation??? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hi can someone confirm the process when transferring to Sky BB . Ordered last tuesday and have called them a ...

is1111 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Process confirmation???

hi can someone confirm the process when transferring to Sky BB.
      Ordered last tuesday and have called them a few times to confirm my order is progressing but have been told something different each time.
      Not too impressed with some of the operators at Sky BB.

Received a letter dated 22nd confirming my order with username and password. On ordering i was advised that i should receive my router after about 5 working days and whole transfer process should take approx. 10 working days.

called last week to check order was ok as had read about people having issues with MAC code and i had a bit of trouble getting mine so wanted to check. was told there was issues with their system and my order was delayed by a couple of days. on reading a few posts on here it seems they were having system problems so far ok.

called yesterday to check order and was advised that eveything looked ok. guy told me they had sent me a letter advising that the router had been sent to me so he took that to mean my mac code and order was ok.

got home last night to find a letter and opened thinking this was confirmation that router was on its way but no it was dated 24th and advises that there is a problem with my order and they haven't been able to get me by phone.

called this morning to sort this out to now be told that order seemed to be ok and guy didn't understand why letter was sent to me. he now advises they have sent me three letters on 25th august which he thinks are all the same advising my activation date.
      he now tells me the router will be sent to me within 5 days of the activation of the bb service. i advised that i was told it was the opposite way round when i signed up and guy hesitated and apologised for being told this.
      i said this doesn't make sense as i will now be without bb for 5 days waiting on the box. guy agreed with me and said yes it was a bit of a strange way to do thing is but thats the way it is.

from reading on here it seems to me that you do get the router first. can anyone confirm this.
      sorry for the longwinded first post!!

2. Advertisement
      Lawman Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      If they muck me around like that, I will cancel order right there and then,
      If they were to object to that I would cancel my sky digital as well for good measure, been with them since skyTV was a free service.
      They need my custom more then I need their repeats...

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site is1111

Its not long winded you just have a few few thing to say

I am real sorry to read that you seem to have had some many problems and only hope that now you receive everything on time, I understand your frustration as will many other members on here but I will say this as SkyBB is new in this field and still learning I guess everyone need to have some patience though I think it would be nice for SkyBB to provide either a free phone number or a local rate number for all us guinea pigs to use.

Anyway good luck and please keep us all updated with your progress.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Leon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bearwood
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Still ain't got my router or an activation date after waiting 2 weeks so thought I'd give sky a ring to find out what's going on. They told me to wait a few more days but also said the router had been sent out on the 18th. Now I know the post office aren't great but 9 days to deliver a router seems a bit extreme. The guy on the phone then went to check the line activation date but came back and said our systems are down call back tomorrow. Now I don't know if I'm just really unlucky but every time I phone sky their systems are down.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      ummm 9 days thats not right

Have you definitely not had a card through the door saying they tried to deliver?

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Thanks
      No only had the letter with user name and password. Do you know if they send out the router by registered post?.
      Last edited by Wheelie; 30-08-06 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Please do not quote the preceding post. Please use QUOTE sparingly if you wish to aim a reply at a user then please use @User Name this helps us to keep the forum tidy and posts more compact. Thanks

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      its by courier

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks
      Must be a bloke on skates coming from the north pole. I think I will get my PS3 before the router arrives at this rate.

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      you are getting confused with Father Christmas, he wont be here til 25th December