Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cancellation rules?

This is a discussion on Cancellation rules? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Wheelie Just out of curiosity where did this information come from ? Well out of desperation to ...

nomy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01565
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post
      Just out of curiosity where did this information come from ?

Well out of desperation to get some answers yesterday, I just called BT broadband and explained the situation. I told them I that my ISP where blaming BT for the delay and I wanted to confirm that I really was down to be switched over. I think I was lucky to get an understanding BT CS agent, because she explained I may not get an answer but she would call the relevant dept and find out for me. She came back with the answer.

Mind you, it was not accurate as I am still connected to my old ISP

Which brings me to my update:

I called SKY again today, only this time I got some clearer answers. Firstly, all this confusion has come about because I was called by SKY last week to be notified that my activation was yesterday. So when I had not recieved any equipment I was understandably concerned. Couple this with the fact I had lost my connection to my old ISP and I thought I'd been activated without the equipment. The reality apparently is this:

SKY should not have called me, as they have no idea from BT when my activation date will be. They can't explain why I was called or who did it, but it was premature. The reason I have an order delay is that they are still awaiting confirmation from BT. As soon as BT give them a date normal service will be resumed and I will receive a letter and my package etc.

The remaining confusion as to why I lost my connection to my old ISP (which was rectified by them giving me a new login domain), I think was because BT have partially partially implemented my order by upgrading my line from 512 to 8MB. I believe that my old domain address was incapable of handling this faster speed, but the new domain was ok. This is just speculation on my part, but it makes a little sense.

I am still a little confused over the call I received from SKY informing me of this so called activation yesterday. Ok, they say it shouldn't have happened, but it was obviously based on something because of this speed increase that happened yesterday!

Anyway, there are a few un answered questions but I still have a connection, I am happy with the explanation I got from SKY today, so I am going along with the order.

I'll keep you informed of any change.

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV:
      Ok that now explains it and as for BT I would take most of what they say with a pinch of salt as BTW wouldnt tell any lossing ISP when you would be migrated untill they have actualy migrated you out.

If you want to know who your order us going use the BT Checker to see what thats says ?
      Order tracking: Landline orders You will need to register if you don't already have an account.

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12