Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Serious Line Noise/Intermission When Connecting

This is a discussion on Serious Line Noise/Intermission When Connecting within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Sorry, I missed the bit in your original post about your other router you had tried ! Mysterious problem you ...

Krish is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Willaston
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Serious Line Noise/Intermission When Connecting

Sorry, I missed the bit in your original post about your other router you had tried ! Mysterious problem you have there. Good luck, hope someone has an answer to it.

2. Advertisement
      pavsid is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Nottingham Longbow
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Talking Re: Serious Line Noise/Intermission When Connecting

Just to update this thread. Turns out it was problem with the line after all! BT man came round and offered to renew the whole line from the house to the exchange at no charge although he didn't need to in the end as it was down to corrosion where the line from my house meets with the telegraph pole. Was so relieved that he didn't just treat it as a sky problem, as sods law, the day he came was one of the better days and there was no noise to show him!

Had to wait a week before i got uncapped again but now all is running perfect and sync'd at 11429kbps using snr tweak with no drop outs and no noise. Very pleased.

Credit to sky, i now believe they did do all they could to help even though it did take 2-3 months, still not convinced by the customer service displayed by tier 1 staff though.

Anyway, hope this helps anyone else who may have the same problem and thanks for all the advice and help.

Krish is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Willaston
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Serious Line Noise/Intermission When Connecting

Hi, Delighted to hear your problem is sorted. My experience with BT was not bad at all either. Glad your line is working & you didn't get lumbered with a hefty bill from BT. Best regards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12