Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

MAC code at signup?

This is a discussion on MAC code at signup? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Ah ok, yes I sort of remember doing the same thing...

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Ah ok, yes I sort of remember doing the same thing
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

2. Advertisement
      Ralph is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWNEDG
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: 2x Sky+HD 1tb
      Thanks
      In my case the existing ADSL line, the SkyHD /Multiroom phone connection & the requested new ADSL connection were all on the same line. Sky now say it will take 10 days to clear the cancelled order from their / BT systems before starting anew on the 2nd line!

They cannot put a new order through on the 2nd line whilst their system shows the old (crash & burned) order on the 1st line is still in progress. Find it hard to believe they can't start the 2nd line order!
      LWNEDG
      Unlimited

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Thats sounds a bit weird to me, I could understand them saying that for the original line but not for the second line

Maybe a good idea to call them again and ask to speak to a supervisor or manager if you get the same response.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Thanks
      It seems the laws of physics need re-writing

Sky and a brick wall are one and the same.

The software their ADSL sales department is based on, dictates that

My 22/8 crashed application won't burn until 5/9

However it will continue to smoulder until 12/9, blocking my re-application ON A DIFFERENT TELEPHONE LINE. It will then take 7-10 days to be up & running. ~22/9.

Having said that, VICKY aka BECKY @ Sky was an efficient pleasure to talk to.

DO NOT LET THEM SIGN YOU ON WITHOUT A MAC CODE FOR AN EXISTING ADSL LINE. Unless you have a month to waste.... Luckily I do.
      LWNEDG
      Unlimited

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Real sorry Ralph but maybe you can come and play on mine if and when it gets activated.

Likewise I don't really mind waiting but there are a lot of people who cannot get it fast enough not that I blame them as its a very good offer.
      Ray

click here

Thanks
      I should have service (old & new) on each line for a few days - hopefully.... maybe.... possibly.... oy!
      LWNEDG
      Unlimited

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Greedy sod
      Ray

click here

Thanks
      Well last night I finally successfully managed to reapply for MAX service on my 2nd, ADSL free, line, after my 1st application took a total of 3 weeks from ordering to completely die.

Was told I should manage 17Mb.... Sometimes I wonder.... Sale of Goods Act!

Was told I should have service in 5-7 working days, ie 21-23 September. Sept 23 is when my existing service is due to cease on my 1st line.

However the BT order checker shows
      Order ref....Placed.......Description..We can do this on:.We agreed to deliver by:
      XXXXXXXX.14 Sep 2006....CHANGE..25 Sep 2006.........25 Sep 2006
      So it looks as if I might be without service for a few days!

---------------------------

Just for those that missed my post Re my MAC problem

If you have ADSL but can't get a MAC from your existing supplier. DO NO ACCEPT sales advising you that they can provide service without a MAC code. Your application will crash , but it will then take a further 2 weeks before it is off their system, and thus before you can reapply for service.
      LWNEDG
      Unlimited

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well at least you are moving in the right direction now but how are you going to get 17MB on a 16MB line Doh!

Like you I sometimes wonder if some of the CS staff can read but never mind and good luck with this order
      Ray

click here

keith_thfc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post
      Well at least you are moving in the right direction now but how are you going to get 17MB on a 16MB line Doh!

Like you I sometimes wonder if some of the CS staff can read but never mind and good luck with this order
      My understanding was that ADSL2+ can provide speeds of up to around 22 meg if you have perfect line stats and live next door to the exchange.

Its just that (like Bulldog) they are not allowed to advertise any more than 16 meg as most people won't see anything above this.

So my be* there up to 24 meg service is no different to UK Online's up to 22 meg and Bulldog's/SKY's up to 16 meg.

Hope that helps.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast