Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

role out of sky broadband

This is a discussion on role out of sky broadband within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Is there a list anywhere detailing sky's timetable for rolling out llu ? I might consider switching once llu is ...

jonnywombat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

role out of sky broadband

Is there a list anywhere detailing sky's timetable for rolling out llu?

I might consider switching once llu is rolled out, and once i have info about traffic shaping, fup, and port blocking etc.

Also I was wondering what the experience of users who have switched is? good speed and reliable connections all round?

EDIT: corrected typo
      Last edited by jonnywombat; 07-08-06 at 11:49 PM.

2. Advertisement
      SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      hello and welcome jonnywombat
      a list of easynet enabled exchanges can be found here Sky acquired easynet a few months back so they could launch sky broadband,
      as to the best of my knowledge no one has been switched to sky broadband yet till the end of this month Sky is only taking details of people who are interested that should change the end of this month (August).

hope this helps
      Last edited by SatDish; 08-08-06 at 12:02 AM. Reason: i mucked up

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for that.

unfortunatly the link only showed me what i knew already.. that my exchange is not yet unbundled. So is there no information on timetables for unbundling more?

Also if you can point me to info on traffic shaping, port blocking, and fup (i have read info in t+c) i would apprciate this.

Thanks again
      WOMBAT Waste Of Money Brains And Time

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      well my exchange marshalls cross is not scheduled til December 06, you are probably better wombat doing a line check on Skys signup page and see when they say its available.

We have emailed Sky Broadband, asking them to be forthcoming and unofficially use our site to help their users, still waiting tho :-(

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

checked sky.com

"Thanks for registering for Sky Broadband, we've checked the phone number and you won't be in a Sky Broadband area within the next 12 months."

That sucks!!!

The connect product is priced similarly to my current isp, and i would consider switching apart from the lack of information available on skys website. It says that product is subject to FUP, but i can't find any info on exactly what the FUP is, or info on other the other issues i have previously mentioned.

I got bit in the bum by tiscali, who when i was with them were equally vague regarding these issues. Not gonna make that mistake again
      Most good isps now have all this info easily accessible on their websites, and I for one would not migrate until I had this information.

EDIT: just noticed the interesting wording "you won't be in a Sky Broadband area within the next 12 months."... Surely this should be "sky broadband will not be in your area........"
      Last edited by jonnywombat; 08-08-06 at 09:06 AM.
      WOMBAT Waste Of Money Brains And Time

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by jonnywombat View Post
      checked sky.com

"Thanks for registering for Sky Broadband, we've checked the phone number and you won't be in a Sky Broadband area within the next 12 months."

That sucks!!!

The connect product is priced similarly to my current isp, and i would consider switching apart from the lack of information available on skys website. It says that product is subject to FUP, but i can't find any info on exactly what the FUP is, or info on other the other issues i have previously mentioned.

I got bit in the bum by tiscali, who when i was with them were equally vague regarding these issues. Not gonna make that mistake again
      Most good isps now have all this info easily accessible on their websites, and I for one would not migrate until I had this information.

EDIT: just noticed the interesting wording "you won't be in a Sky Broadband area within the next 12 months."... Surely this should be "sky broadband will not be in your area........"
      my advice would be dont move untill things start to become clear about Sky broadband, as you say it to easy to get bitten on the bum and fall into a 12 month contract.

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      i have been told that on the MAX Unlimited package the upper limit in the FUP will be 100GB+ if anyone takes the mickey to much they will be sent a letter

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      100gb of data a month? it would cost too much in buying tissues!

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by SatDish View Post
      i have been told that on the MAX Unlimited package the upper limit in the FUP will be 100GB+ if anyone takes the mickey to much they will be sent a letter

I know SatDish rang Easynet tonite and the most important thing to come out of the experience, was answered in seconds, knowledgeable and most of all very very helpful. In fact Glenns words on msn to me was fook me that was helpful.

Easynet in case you did not know are gonna be frontline support for sky broadband and on first impressions, are spot on.

Hopefully over the next few weeks, we are gonna do a survey and ring various ISP's etc to get an understanding of:

1) Support answering times

2) Knowledge

3) Helpfulness

4) Understanding what they are offering

watch this space!