Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Help

This is a discussion on Help within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; OK - Here's the 64,000 Dollar question. Would you migrate to Sky Broadband? or wait? There are some who are ...

trelales is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bridgend
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Help

OK - Here's the 64,000 Dollar question.

Would you migrate to Sky Broadband? or wait?

There are some who are happy and some who are unhappy.

Migrating to Sky will save me 9.00 per month on max product.

However, that is not the main consideration. I want consistent speeds and if anything goes wrong I want to speak to someone who can deal with the problem. I don't mind an internet customer support but it must be accessible and deal with problems quickly but with a telephone access if needed. eg Not like Plusnet who you cannot talk to personally.

I've just been informed that broadband max is now available in my area. I had decided that migration to Sky (Talk Talk or others) should wait for at least 12 months for problems to sort itself out but now it has arrived at my exchange I am trying to make a balanced decision.

So what should I do?

Go for it or wait?

2. Advertisement
      pejay is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bedford
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      My guess is and its what i have always said, No ISP is perfect all have there own bundle of problems but i would rather pay a fiver or a tenner for mine than 20quid sky is not perfect but they are not bad compared to some.
      Last edited by Saturday; 14-12-06 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Removed full quote of previous post
      hAS ANYONE SEEN MY cAPSLOCK KEY?

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well and of course this is only my opinion! I would rule out TalkTalk before you even start, I had a nightmare with them, I spent 5 months trying to get connected and never did get either a telephone service or broadand out of them dispite 20 or 30 emails including 2 to there chief exec. 4 expired BT Mac codes and 3 letters to there complaints dept, none of which I got a reply too! As for Sky I have been with them for just over a month now and yes I did have a few teething problems most of which are now fixed and yes there first line phone support isn't that great, but for a 5 a month package for an 8mb connection and 40gb download limit on mid package, I can say I am happy with the service. I was with BT for 3 years and although problems were rare when I did come home one night to find a dead broadband connect I ended up getting through to some clueless numpty in India who didn't resolve my problem!! Luckily after 4 hours the connection came back on of its own accord. So I guess you pays your money and takes your choice.

Gaztops is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Wanadoo/Orange
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      This time next year i may consider SkyBB again, but until then I'm staying put.

I view myself as a very unlucky person and would probably fall into the Sky Horror Zone.

There too many problems at the moment.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site trelales

I have had no problems with my Max account and I have been connected for well over 3 months now speeds are always around 15323 kbps Downstream and 764 kbps Upstream.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here