Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

No modem/router yet...Activation tomorrow!

This is a discussion on No modem/router yet...Activation tomorrow! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi. I have an activation date for Connect tomorrow (15th) and I have not received my Modem/router package yet! I've ...

nomy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01565
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

No modem/router yet...Activation tomorrow!

Hi.

I have an activation date for Connect tomorrow (15th) and I have not received my Modem/router package yet! I've spoken to Sky CS (joke) and they say if it's not here in the morning, then I should call them. This is scaring the pants off me as I work from home and cannot afford to loose my Internet connection over the weekend.

Has anyone else suffered similar problems with late delivery?

Can i cancel my account on the day of activation and remain with my existing ISP?

If there is nothing I can do but wait, is there a way to use my existing Speedtouch USB modem to access the net while I am waiting?

Many thanks.

2. Advertisement
      ArthurDent is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Polesworth
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      If I relied on my internet connection for work there's no way I'd ever consider changing to Sky Broadband. There are so many ****-ups it's unbelievable. I knew there was a strong possibility of something going wrong and I was fully prepared to sit things out and wait for them to sort out any problems. Luckily there were no problems with my order (other than receiving 2 routers) and my migration went very smoothly.

nomy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01565
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

That's depressing.

The idea of dropped lines etc is not a problem. Being without the net for days is. I hope it doesn't get that bad. Mind you, I am with one of the worst at the moment (Orange) and besides poor value and speed, I hardly ever drop a connection. Can it be worse than one of the worst?