Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

People who have signed up

This is a discussion on People who have signed up within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; For those of us who have signed up to Sky BB , when you get your phone call, telling you ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

People who have signed up

For those of us who have signed up to Sky BB, when you get your phone call, telling you that the connection date has been changed, could you please ask them the reason, and then report it in this thread.

As far as we are aware, this reason is because of BT, yet we cannot get a definitive, "This is why"

I ask this as then we can help people in the future who ask why has my broadband not been connected.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      spcdust is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      When I received the courtesy call I asked them why the date had been changed and got the ambiguous "there's been a problem with the order". My feeling was that the call centre staff making these courtesy calls had just been given a large list to work through but had no further information.

If and when I receive the follow up call they promised within five working days with my new activation date I'll ask again.

spcdust

Ratti3 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks
      I was told BT cancelled the migration (but that never really happened and I got activated)

Hornet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eastbourne, SDESTBR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Billion Bipac 7800N
      Thanks
      I am being told I should have been activated on 25th August but there is a problem at my exchange and the guy has gone to find out more, it seems the problem is with bt and they are dealing with it and they should have an answer within the next couple of days and will keep me informed ie I phone them back no doubt.

Battison10 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cradley Heath, CMCRA
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      I was never phoned!! It was only on the off chance that I rang them to double check something that I found out. The reason was "technical difficulties" on the line? (current adsl is working fine)

flogster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ewell
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I too got a 'courtesy' call from SKY saying that my activation will be later than expected. This call came the same day as my "not long now" letter (dated 23rd Aug) saying that activation was due on 31/08/06.

The next day I received a "it just keeps getting better" letter (dated 21st Aug) outlining my account details and other matters.

The person who made the call was, according to my wife, very helpful and apologetic about the delay. Believe me, my wife doesn't take much crap as far as customer services are concerned so for her to be complimentary about them they were clearly well trained.

My two small observations are; When they rang and notified of delay they said I could contact re a new date, though left no contact number. I only found the number the next day on the letter.

Secondly, they said I could still install but the line won't be activated. From my own eagerness I found out that the router doesn't work with current ISP (F2S) so am guessing it's set up only for SKY's LLU service

These admittedley aren't major issues by any stretch of the imagination, and I can honestly say that I've no real gripes with the way things are going so far as, as others have stated, it's Guinea Pig time for both parties really.

I'm gonna ring tomorrow to see if they have an idea as to when I might expect to be connected and will write back here when I do.

Dunno if this is of any help to anyone, but just my tuppence worth so far.

17" Intel iMac Mutts Nuts - OS 10.4.8
      (also running Windows via Boot Camp)

SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      keep us informed flogster, they do seem to be trying hard just a shame that provisioning is still at the hands of BT bring on the day ISP's will no longer need to rely on BT
      "To help would be a great adventure"

flogster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ewell
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Just got off the 'phone to SKY re new activation date. Took an age to get through, though the apologetic woman who answered could only go by what info she had on her screen.

Basically my activation date has been put back a week from (Thurs) Aug31st to (Thurs) Sept 7th. There was no reason as to why this was though so no help on that front.

Am gonna try and sound them out towards the end of the week and see if they can bring this forward by a day at least, as I genuinely will be working from home that day and any disruption will mess things around for me.

Well.....you don't shoot you don't score do you?

17" Intel iMac Mutts Nuts - OS 10.4.8
      (also running Windows via Boot Camp)