Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Honeymoon over?

This is a discussion on Honeymoon over? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Had sky mid package since september and all was good, Last Tuesday phone line went mental, reported the fault to ...

Adder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Honeymoon over?

Had sky mid package since september and all was good, Last Tuesday phone line went mental, reported the fault to BT who told me they need to install some upgrades to sky's equipment at the exchange, this they did after 48 hours and phone line is back on. But, no SKY! Anyone else had this problem and if so how long for Sky to fix?
      Tried all the usual stuff, reboot router etc still no joy.

Rang sky and was told to wait 48 hours for a tier 2 callback..... 28 hours and counting.....

Back on dial up.....

Adder

2. Advertisement
      Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Maybe you could fill the exchange details to your profile! Helps us to help you!

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Update!

It appears that BT have disconnected my sky internet service, fixed the phone line and left me disconnected.....This is standard procedure by BT as it's not their internet service, so i'm told.
      I now have to wait 10 days for a sky engineer to reconnect me at the exchange...
      Go figure...

Adder

BTW got through to tier 3 after 2 days waiting for a callback (which never happened) and an hour on the phone.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi Adder

Yep thats BT in a nut shell they did the very same to me and it was 5 days before they finally got it all sorted out and they tried to blame SkyBB for it and then had the cheek to try and bill me 55.00 for a none existent call out.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

10 days now and still no re-connect by Sky, rang yesterday only to be told 'WIP'
      (Work in progress) no one seems to know how long it takes for a Sky engineer to go to my exchange (Bermondsey, South London) and re-connect the line.

Tier 1 says two to three weeks before connection and tier 3 says 10 days.....
      You would think that someone at Sky would know where their engineers were at a given time...Or at the very least have some idea when they may be in the right area?

Dial-up is doing me crannium in!

Does anyone know wether a manager or supervisor would know?

I'm gonna give it another week, if no NET by then it's cancel time for me.

Adder

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      You would think that someone at Sky would know where their engineers were at a given time.
      I may be wrong but iirc BT do that bit of it? BT do not normally let anyone near the exchange cabling etc. I may be wrong though

Hope it gets sorted asap, you never know you may get an engineer with a conscience and fixes it before he finishes for Xmas

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Hope it gets sorted asap, you never know you may get an engineer with a conscience and fixes it before he finishes for Xmas

NewsreadeR, old pal, if such an engineer exists could you point him in the direction of the Gedling exchange first please then the rest of you can form an orderly queue behind me

Adder raised a good point though regarding Sky actually knowing where their engineers are, I'm not sure they do as it would appear at least one & maybe two engineers have been wandering the streets of Nottingham for the last 10 weeks looking for my exchange & nobody has noticed them missing yet

@Adder - I hope you get sorted out ASAP mate, but sadly you will get no joy if you try to make contact with a Supervisor or Manager as they simply don't know what is happening & they sure as hell won't pick up the phone to find out. They all rely on their "screens" being updated by Tier 3 (or some other mysterious entity) & if you speak to Tier 3 direct chances are they won't know either as they rely on the BT liason staff to update them. It's a bit like a wild goose chase.

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      NewsreadeR, old pal, if such an engineer exists could you point him in the direction of the Gedling exchange first please then the rest of you can form an orderly queue behind me
      I still admire your patience! If I were Sky I would hunt you down and give you Sky Broadband and TV free for a year

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      If you were sane you should hunt me down & put me out of my misery

I am getting a new Sky+ box fitted for free tomorrow (see sky+ thread) & asked the lovely J**** in customer relations what my chances are of free TV for a year in my last e-mail so I'll keep you posted

Thanks
      Blog Entries
      If she is that lovely ask her if I can have Sky+ free as well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast