Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Can i request interleaving to be turned off?

This is a discussion on Can i request interleaving to be turned off? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; how do i request to speak to tier3 cos the guy didnt seem intrested when i ask and as isaid ...

alyt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cardiff
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

how do i request to speak to tier3 cos the guy didnt seem intrested when i ask and as isaid he told me to ring bt which is useless because althought there bt lines im with sky. surely sky could sort it out

2. Advertisement
      dtr44 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: halfway wshal
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      llu pings arent great either[usually 30-50]

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @alyt

You really need Tech Support to put the request through, to be honest I am not sure they will do it anyway as there have been posts on here that have said they have managed to get it changed but there have also been post that have said they haven't.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

skalpel is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      If you're on Connect Sky can't change things like interleaving - that's set on the DSLAM at the exchange, and on Connect that's BT's kit I'm afraid.

dingdong is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      whether it is bt's kit or not - sky will still have to make or do the request to turn interleaving off.

so either way you will need to get sky to sort it out for you. perhaps try ringing at different times of the day, you may get one that is sympathetic and will do something. good luck!

alyt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cardiff
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

bump. just to bring this back on topic will it improve ping aswell as speed if i plugged my modem into the master socket?

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Not quite sure how your question brings things back on topic in a thread about interleaving but no, plugging into your master socket is very unlikely to improve your ping. Any possible effect would be because dodgy wiring plugged into the master socket was causing such gross transmission errors that the router was struggling to transmit and receive data packets. If that were happening you'd have more to worry about than pings.

The benefits of plugging into a master socket would simply be to eliminate any problems caused by a plug in extension. It does nothing to help with any other wiring problems. This also applies to any speed increases you may see from the master socket. i.e. many connection problems are caused by hard wired extensions (internal phone extensions) and so plugging into the master socket will have little or no effect for these.

sirsilver is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: chorlton
      Broadband ISP: Be Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by alyt View Post
      hi im on the connect package. I haven no problem with download speeds but when it comes to xbox live i suffer lag. I did a ping test and the time ranges from 40ms to 70ms. This is causing lag, with tesco my results use to hit 20,19ms and suffered no lag watso ever. Is there anyway i can get interrleaving to be turned off cheers, guys.

Your lag is probably down to the host trying to host more than his connection can handle, i very much doubt its down to your ping
      My pings are between 40 and 80ms and on live its fine for me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12