Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

BAND numbers valid for 10 days

This is a discussion on BAND numbers valid for 10 days within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, I have received my 1st BAND number, but only have 10 days to use it. I won't be around ...

vn1
      vn1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Question BAND numbers valid for 10 days

Hi,

I have received my 1st BAND number, but only have 10 days to use it. I won't be around to receive the router i.e. till the end of September. How difficult do ppl think it will be to get Sky BB after the code expires?

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site vn1

Once the 10 days is up it will be no good and you will need a new one, is there no way you can use it and arrange for a family member to be there to receive the router?
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

vn1
      vn1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

hey Wheelie,

Well the only way I think it may work, is, if Sky post it to another address; I've read that Sky don't allow that.

I hope that there isn't a long wait if I order in October!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      That is correct the router must go the the registered house we have had a few people on here that are having issues with the delivery due to the fact that they work all day so they miss the delivery, I think Sky need to think about changing it for people like that so it will be delivered up-to 9pm.

The only thing I can think of is you can register with them and ask for it to be installed by them you can the get that date changed Can I change my installation date? I am not sure if this will help but its worth a try.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Ratti3 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks
      Are you sure the BAND number is valid for 10 days, my email said 21days, I phoned sky and they allowed me 30 days.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yes they are taken from my email
      Order Sky Broadband now

Don't forget to order Sky Broadband. We can only hold your place in the queue for another 10 days. Simply call us on 08705 515515 quoting the special code below. This code lets you buy Sky Broadband and is only valid for the next 10 days. Unfortunately, because demand for Sky Broadband is very high we can only make your code available for 10 days from the date of this email.

TO BUY, CALL 08705 515515 AND QUOTE BANDxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxp
      Ray

click here

SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by vn1 View Post
      Hi,

I have received my 1st BAND number, but only have 10 days to use it. I won't be around to receive the router i.e. till the end of September. How difficult do ppl think it will be to get Sky BB after the code expires?

Thanks
      another member did say that they made a prelim order as he was waiting for his MAC, I'm sure if you phone them and explain the situation then they may do the same after all its your custom they want
      "To help would be a great adventure"