Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Tie Pair problems again

This is a discussion on Tie Pair problems again within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; With Sky Broadband it appears if you get connected witout any problems then all is fine as soon as there ...

ffcsteve is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Billericay, Essex
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Tie Pair problems again

With Sky Broadband it appears if you get connected witout any problems then all is fine as soon as there is one minor issue then no one claims responsibility for it. I was told on my first activation that there were faulty tie pairs on my line which delayed it for 2 weeks. I was then connected for 2 weeks, cut off by Sky again and now told that my activation has been delayed again by 4 weeks due to tie pairs, surely if they fixed it the first time there shouldn't be an issue. I have been waiting since the beginning of October for the service which it looks like 100,000 other people have been able to get. I have now requested a MAC code which should arrive by Thursday, then its off to BT for me, my only choice as hopefully they will be able to clear any rubbish that Sky have on my line quicker than anyone else, If anyone can suggest an alternative provider I would be gratful. On a positive note the service when it was working was stable and very fast but 2 weeks out of 10 isn't good enough.

2. Advertisement
      NoXioUs is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bolton LOC
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      You'll be lucky to get a mac code. I read on ADSL guide that you can not migrate from sky you have to cancel.
      Good way of hanging on to customers.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thursday is the day they said if I hadn;t recieved it by post then I can ring and get it. I will keep you informed Bt and Zen have both told me as long as I get any kind of MAC code from Sky then they can remove tags etc on the line.

philce is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Montfort
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      The MAC they gave me was accepted by ZEN but when they tried to order with it the order failed.

Ihe issue is that it is a LLU MAC (starts with BBLL and not BBIP) and this is not acceptable.

The solution for me was a CEASE and REPROVIDE, tis took 3 weeks to do!

Its nice to see that over 100k subs are connected, I'd like to know how many have been disconnected or cancelled!

Cheers

Phil

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ffcsteve View Post
      Thursday is the day they said if I hadn;t recieved it by post then I can ring and get it. I will keep you informed Bt and Zen have both told me as long as I get any kind of MAC code from Sky then they can remove tags etc on the line.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Was you connected by Sky with a poor service or was you never connected? Sky rekon the tie pairs will be fixed in another 10 working days so if I have to cease tehn it may be worth holding out. Although I think thats been my problem so far just giving Sky one more chance. I can't believe that Sky can't chase up BT on my behalf and get the problem resolved quicker as surely Tie Pairs on my line should only need to be fixed once, does anyone know who I could contact?