Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Should I be worried, or does everything appear to be going OK

This is a discussion on Should I be worried, or does everything appear to be going OK within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Signed up for base package on 5th Dec. Got Router on 7th Dec with letter saying expected activation date 13/12/06. ...

barnsleyfan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: wombwell
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Should I be worried, or does everything appear to be going OK

Signed up for base package on 5th Dec. Got Router on 7th Dec with letter saying expected activation date 13/12/06. I have a phone line which has never been on broadband so this is first activation.

If i try the DSLzone link for my number i get:-
      ADSL is activated on this line and there are no open orders on the BT sustem

If i try the BT order tracker i can see an order dated early december with an expected date of 13/12/06. however when i click it i get the message:-
      We weren't able to retrieve your order information. This could be temporary system issue, please try again later

I have been getting this message ever since i tried checking the order over 2 days ago. From other posts it is apparent that they are able to check the pending orders, so why can't I. Coupled with the fact that DLSzone says there are no open orders on the BT sustem, should i be worried.

And if i should be worried, is there anything I should be doing about it.

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Its possible its been connected already have you tried to connect the router ?

The BT checker does tend to say that msg a lot.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

barnsleyfan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: wombwell
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply

No, i hadn't tried. Didn't think there was much point until the 13th. But i will try over the weeken. Haven't had the welcome letter yet, so don't know my password and username. Can i connect without these details.
      Last edited by Wheelie; 08-12-06 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Please do not quote the preceding post. Please use QUOTE sparingly if you wish to aim a reply at a user then please use @User

Bob75 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: High Wycombe
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi Barnsleyfan, The same message was shown on my BT landline checker right up to the activation date. I believe that Sky uses some form of "bulk" arrangement with BT to activate lines hence no individual entry. However, it will appear after activation as a completed order with the details available to view.

If you have received the router you do not need the passwords to log in, just connect it up and if the (i) light turns solid green adsl is active on the line.
      The login and password is hard coded into the router.

Good Luck

Bob.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      ^^^ What Bob said is correct the router is just Plug-in and play
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

jaytc2003 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lcath - Atherton
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      a good way of checking without using the router is just to get a dial tone on your phone. If you hear a sort of high pitched tone (will be faint) then there is a good chance it has already been activated.