Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Username and Password

This is a discussion on Username and Password within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi to everyone at this site I Signed up to the Sky Max package 2 weeks and what I thought ...

singh100 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bradford
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Username and Password

Hi to everyone at this site

I Signed up to the Sky Max package 2 weeks and what I thought was a Sky engineer install turns out to be a Self install package.
      The netgear router came via courier and I phoned sky up saying I thought the engineer would be bringing this, but the guy on the phone apologised and said we made an error and it is down as self install Max Package and my line is down as going live this Friday.

I have read the router setup tutorial which is really good on this site, but do I need to add a username and password in to the router as many ADSL producs need these details or is it as simple as plug and play

thanks for any help

2. Advertisement
      NoXioUs is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bolton LOC
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Its plug and play. the router comes setup with a username and password.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site singh100

As NoXioUs has said its just plug in and play the only thing you will need a Username and Password for is the SkyBB Portal and your email client of you use one.

Good luck for Friday
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for the welcome

I recieved the username and password in the post today for the sky BB portal so Ill set up on Friday iswell.

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by singh100 View Post
      Thanks for the welcome

I recieved the username and password in the post today for the sky BB portal so Ill set up on Friday iswell.
      Install CD was a breeze for me was on line in about 5 minutes, The only thing you need to input is the wireless access code if you are using wireless which is supplied with the router.
      But be warned I wouldn't hold out to much hope for the Portal, I have never been able to get on, neither have many other people and Sky dont seem to have any answers apart from "please try later" I have been trying for the last 4 weeks. However I have managed to access my Sky email by setting outlook to access there Pop server directly. This dose mean I cant access my email remotely ie at work.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I agree about the portal I have never been able to get on it and I have been with SkyBB since the start of August

As for the CD you don't need it to use the router or connect so unless you want to install a custom IE or the Macfee (no offence) rubbish then its of no use to you, but the presentation for setting up the router are very good
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi
      Just to let you know I installed the router in on Saturday and my internet connection was up and running getting download speeds from 10-11mb and Iam happy with that. I did try the SkyBB portal and was unable to login like you guys said. Tried to phone sky on the weekend but the queue was too busy so left it. Phoned them this morning while I was at work asking them what the problem with the portal is.
      The guy I spoke to said I need to go to the following link first

http://www.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/mysky

and click on "my sky profile" and log in with the username and password which was provided through the post and edit my details in there with a new password and fill in the required fields. He says after this is done then you should be able to log in to the SKY BB portal.
      Unfortunalty I left my details at home so will try when I get home from work.

Dont know if you guys have tried this

ArthurDent is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Polesworth
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I just tried that sing100, but I still can't log into the portal on skybroadband.com - oh well!