Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ordered Last Tuesday

This is a discussion on Ordered Last Tuesday within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; After having my URN for about a week I finally placed my order for Sky Broadband on the 22nd August. ...

mikey4020 is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Halfway/WSHAL
      Broadband ISP: O2 Premium (4th Aug)
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Ordered Last Tuesday

After having my URN for about a week I finally placed my order for Sky Broadband on the 22nd August. I thought I would have had some sort of conformation letter with my username and password by about Friday, but was quite disappointed to get home to find only the usual junk mail lying about. After the post came on Saturday and their was still nothing I have to say I'm getting a bit concerned. Obviously I don't expect my line to be activated until sometime next week but I did think that I would have had some sort of conformation letter by now. Please let me know if I'm expecting things to happen too quickly here.

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site mikey4020

I not sure you are expecting things to happen too quickly unless there has been a problem I know you said you placed your order on Tuesday but what time did you place it as that could well impact what you receive and when.

I registered on Monday morning at around 09.30 and got my first letter on Thursday I think Router Friday and Activation date Saturday for 31st Aug

It is quite possible that you will receive everything on Tuesday, as its a bank holiday weekend nothing much is going to happen until then so I guess you will have to have a little patience.

Please do keep us informed though.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Thanks

It was Tuesday evening I ordered and I completely forgot about it being a bank holiday down south, just a normal weekend for us up here. I'm going to wait until Tuesday and if I don't hear anything then I am going to contact them to see what the situation is.
      Last edited by Wheelie; 27-08-06 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Fixed it

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      That explains a lot then I guess Tuesday will be your day then

I have the impression that once you have received the invite they tend to move quite fast once you have registered, though a lot of people have been getting calls that there have been some problems with the activation dates and they could be slightly delayed so only time will really tell.

Good luck for next week anyway
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

spcdust is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I'm wondering wether last weeks apparent problems Sky were having with the ordering system/BT's provisioning may have slowed them down slightly?

It wouldn't hurt to give Sky Broadband a call today just to check on your orders progress - when I spoke with them they said their provisioning team were working throughout the weekend.

spcdust

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Good advice

Myself I am happy the way things have gone and since I am only waiting for activation I am happy to just wait and see since Thursady is only a few days away
      Ray

click here

Thanks

I'm not going to phone yet, just going to sit tight and hope that it comes through soon. Will keep you updated on any progress.

PS thanks for fixing my double post earlier

SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      it should come through soon, they do give a 10 working day lead time from ordering to provisioning but has been faster in some cases,
      "To help would be a great adventure"

Leon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bearwood
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Should come soon

Hi I put in order with sky on Thursday 17.08.06 I have been given user name and password but still waiting for the router and a line activation date. I hope it will come on tuesday 29.08.06

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi Leon and welcome to the site

I hope you are fortunate and that it does show up sooner rather than later please do keep us posted on your progress.
      Ray

click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast