Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Still no Sky BB

This is a discussion on Still no Sky BB within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi can anyone help. I phoned SKy to order BB on 13 October, to be told that all was ok ...

numbersgirl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LONG EATON
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Still no Sky BB

Hi can anyone help.

I phoned SKy to order BB on 13 October, to be told that all was ok and I should be able to receive broadband straight away as the exchange was all fine.

Two weeks later after only receiving the letter confirming my username, I had still not heard anything nor had I received my router. I telephoned Sky and they told me there were now problems at the exchange and BT were working on them. Another update was expected on 30 Oct.

I then phoned again on 2 Nov as I still hadn't heard anything to be told there had been no update from BT, and that the work could take 3 weeks to be completed by BT. At this point I'm starting to get annoyed as my previous ISP have stopped supplying me as they say Sky have already taken over the line.

I very patiently waited the full 3 weeks and still nothing. Phoned Sky again and got passed round several departments spent nearly 2 hours on the phone being cut off from the actual department i needed to speak to twice and then having to return to the queue again. To be told finally that they cannot tell me when I am likely to actually get my BB connection. I appreciate that it may be BT's fault but surely Sky should be chasing BT as they are the customer of BT!

As I was so disgusted at the customer service received from Sky, I wrote a letter to Head Office addressesd to the complaints department, asking for a written reply within 7 days. Guess what, No Reply!!!! That was 2 weeks ago now.

Anyway having looked on this site and found the BT order tracker website this is what my order is showing as:
      Placed 17 Oct 2006
      Description CHANGE
      Appointment No date yet
      Date due 14 Nov 2006
      Status Status not known
      Last update 17 Oct 2006
      Latest update We are unable to determine the status of your order at this time. Please try again later, or contact us for more information.

Items in this order
      Description Item Quantity Cost Rental
      PROVIDE LLU LINE SHARE PSTN 1 0.0 0.0

as we can all see this was due to happen on 14 Nov and its now 6 Dec.

Can anyone please give me some advice as to who I should be talking to, and whether anything can actually be done.

No Broadband for 6 weeks is now starting to get annoying.

Sorry for the rant!

2. Advertisement
      MattB is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bexleyheath
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well, I guess you'll still be at a the 'provisioning' stage - BT haven't activated you yet.

I'm in a (slightly) similar boat - not had BB since ordering on September 11 (yes, nearly 3 months now) - but I have been activated. I'd suggest following the 'order status' option on the phone line and, well, don't take any crap.

There's a 'service recovery team' who seem to be able to escalate matters so this would seem to fit the bill here.

jewkesy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Fazeley
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I still find it amazing the lack of communication between ISPs and BT.

I remember having a similar problem almost 3 years ago when I moved out of my parents house and had the hassle of transferring my Freeserve BB to an address 1/2 mile across town.

It seems every other post on this site has a problem with the ISP and BT not knowing what is going on. Yeah so problems do occur, but it would be easier to resolve if each party didn't have to wait 10 days for an update.
      "Man who walk through airport door sideways is going to Bangkok..."

made2fade is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Rugby
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Similar situation, i'm afraid to say!

Ordered Max on 23/11, got the welcome letter and nothing else.

Chased them up and was given the dreaded Problem At The Exchange excuse and told that it could take up to 3 weeks to sort out.

My order has never appeared on the BT order tracker, just hoping i get connected to Sky before Pipex cut me off!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Update

Just to update you all.

Phoned the freephone number and spoke to someone for an update.

They have now told me that my router has been dispatched, although they cannot tell me when, and that they haven't had confirmation from BT that the work has been completed at the exchange. The bloke said that he was sure that it would have been done by now, and that when I get my router I should plug it all in and see if I have any joy.

Once all that had happened could I please phone them and let them know whats is happening.

Surely they should be able to tell what is happening!!! It is their service after all.

jameseb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Llanishan SWLNI
      Broadband ISP: Connect - but soon Max (4/1/06)
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @numbersgirl: i really do think they dont know what is happening when BT are doing the work. Ive heard all sorts of stories saying that BT just tell sky it will be done when they are good and ready and they dont offer proper updates by to sky...
      Арте́льный горшо́к гу́ще кипи́т. (Moral: Working as a team produces better results!)

имейте большое рождество и С Новым годом (have a great christmas and a happy new year )

Dont ya just love russian proverbs!

J-ames

nettles is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: bradford
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
      There's a 'service recovery team' who seem to be able to escalate matters so this would seem to fit the bill here.
      I was apparently escalated to the service recovery team back in october, having had no BB since Sept, after ordering in August.
      BT site shows a cease of my old BB (completed), and a provide for Sky BB (cancelled) followed by 2 ceases of the sky BB (completed). They told me they know what they are doing and I just need to be patient when I said to them that it looks to me like they need to re order it with BT.

melanddave is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Glasgow South
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I just phoned SKY to find out my 2 month old order had ben cancelled on one system, but NOT on another system. Does anyone know what this means. Guy at SKY was very vague and he wasn't sure if second system order would go through or would be cancelled. Do they know nothing!! ARRGHH
      Maybe I should stay with Orange!!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Still Nothing

Just an update for you all!!!

After being told that the router had been dispatched, a week later it still had not arrived. Phoned Sky to tell them, and was told that one had not been dispatched as the problems at the exchange had not yet been sorted.

Feel like i'm going round and round in circles.

Anyone got any ideas. Been without broadband since 31 Oct now.