Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Chap Authentication Failed

This is a discussion on Chap Authentication Failed within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; After my connection was supposed to live and nothing happened I phoned up Tier 1 and they quickly decided that ...

Jez
      Jez is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Maidenhead (THM)
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      After my connection was supposed to live and nothing happened I phoned up Tier 1 and they quickly decided that it was a Tier 3 problem. I was told they would call back within 5 working days. It was actually 7 working days before they called back.

They said it was a problem at the exchange and it should take 2 days to fix. Two days later nothing happened so I phoned up and they said BT had rejected the fault as they needed more information, although apparently they already had it. Sky said they would raise it again with BT and it would be up to 5 days before anything was fixed (at this point it was passed back down to Tier 2).

By this time by old connection (Pipex) had ceased so I was back on dial-up, but within those 5 days I was connected to the Sky hardware at the exchange and since then everything's been fine except I was initially capped at 2Mbps. That was fixed within a couple of days by Sky.

I would keep phoning Tier 1 for a status report until something happens, just so they know you haven't forgotten them....

2. Advertisement
      hgaule is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Blackburn
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I do, but all they say is if T3 haven't called me back they are still working on the problem and u will have to wait. I'll give them another phone over the weekend.

NoXioUs is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bolton LOC
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

-=UPDATE=-

Well on saturday i was connected. And running.
      Never got a call back just decided to work.
      Only trouble now is im not on the max package i ordered, so need to ring them to get them to sort it out.
      the reason i know this is my upload is @400k not the 700k
      yet another phone call.

Jez
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Same thing happened to me - my router stats looked like a cap had been placed on my line.

I had a call back within a few days from Tier 3 and the did it over the phone in a matter of minutes.

To be honest, after a week of dial-up, I was SO glad to have any sort of connection!

Jez

Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Jez View Post
      Are you migrating from another ISP? I had the same problem - turns out that BT hadn't actually fulfilled their side of things and I was still connected to my old ISP's line at the exchange (hence the sync, but no Sky authentication).

Took a while for Tier3 to call back, and then another little while for Sky/BT to get it sorted, but all works perfectly now.
      @Jez.

I'm clutching at straws here mate, this is exactly the same problem that I have (as well as supposedly being connected to a defunct dslam card) I have been pulling my hair out for nearly nine weeks to get someone to take some notice.

My router is still synching to something in the exchange at the old IPSTREAM speed yet Sky are telling me I'm connected to a duff dslam card.

Who did you speak with to resolve the problem? BT? Sky?

For the record I've tried every conceivable way with Sky but not tried BT yet

This has been going on for 9 weeks now & I just want to get it sorted before people on here get sick of me going on about it

Jez
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @Psycho

I went through the usual Sky route. Phoned Tier 1 and as soon as I started mentioning syncing to the exchange they decided that it had to be escalated. In fact, it may have followed on from one of your posts a few weeks ago - did you have a mate come round who works for BT and said that as you're syncing then you're connected to the wrong hardware?

I also e-mailed TS and asked for updates regularly.

It was eventually resolved by BT at Sky's request, although Sky had to raise the issue with BT twice before it was fixed.

I'm starting to think that maybe I just got a little lucky....

Jez

NoXioUs is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bolton LOC
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

My synced with Sky as soon as i cancelled with BT even tho i had already migratede. BT kept on my line. Ring old ISP and make sure they have canceled.

Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      @Jez. Yes a friend who works in telecoms came round & confirmed the syncing issue, as it stands at the minute Sky still think its a problem on the DSLAM & will do nothing to resolve anything until that is done it would appear........muppets. Well I'm glad a little good came out of posting up about it anyway

@NoXioUs. Done that mate, Demon did still have a marker in place as no one told them when the disconnect (should) happened but this has been sorted long ago.

Thanks for the moral support both of you.

hgaule is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Blackburn
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I'm still in the same situation. Still connected via my old ISP was supposed to be migrated on th 15th Nov. Kept phoning sky and was told someone would get back to me. I have phoned today and been told that my ticket was closed for some unknown reason so they have had to create a new ticket going through all the details again. If I could just speak to someone at T3 I could explain it and get it sorted. Hopefully they will call me back this time.

Im reluctant to cancel my old ISP incase sky's connection isn't there and i'm without internet for 2 weeks, expecially over xmas time.

lrostoke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newcastle WMNEW
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      After waiting 2 month to finally get connected after her offical date, my sisters been online about 2 week or so, then yesterday her internet went off..

getting the chap failure, router is syncing with something, but at about 1/2 the speed she was getting.

Looks like she's in for another wait tier 1 useless as usual

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast