Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Migration Misery

This is a discussion on Migration Misery within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Nothing has turned up so far today - chased sky again. All they would say was that my router was ...

StageCrew is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horsham Carfax
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Nothing has turned up so far today - chased sky again.

All they would say was that my router was being chased. They have had a number go missing or delivered late and they are investigating.

Made sure a note was put on my account to say I should not be charged until the router arrives.

If I don't get anything tomorrow then has anyone got Rupert Murdoch's address I feel like writing a nice long letter?

2. Advertisement
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Phoned this evening. Sky have chased Unipart and Parceline to find out where my router is. As soon as they find out they will call me but I should feel free to call again for an update.

I wonder how long it will take to get a MAC code to transfer to someone else from sky or am I now trapped as I am LLU?

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      A MAC for an LLU account would do you no good as far as I know until ofcom change the rules and start making them compulsory and force all ISP's to accept them from any provider which is in the pipeline.

I guess the best thing you can do really is wait and hope it shows up or phone them and demand they send you a new one ASAP.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi Wheelie,

It is interesting that you say a MAC for a LLU account would do me no good. What happens then if anyone wants to cancel sky within the 8 days cancellation period after activation? I also wonder what activation means in this sense - as I have not received my router I do not consider my contract with sky has been completed as I cannot connect to sky with any other router. Therefore I think my 8 days starts from the date the router arrives?

Dave

mrmojo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Some ISPs do accept it. Of course Sky can just submit a cease to your line and you can pay another ISP and get reactivated, after the 7day period it takes to clear the line.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I agree with what you are saying and I understand why you are upset but at the end of the day if Sky have sent the box out and its been lost its not really there fault, but I think they should have sent out a replacement as soon as you reported it as not having arrived as long as you had given it enough time.

I still think it would be a good idea to ask phone them and ask them to send you another one straight away.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yesterday sky seemed unsure about whether they had actually sent anything out. So looking on the bright side 8-) today is progress if they are now chasing the courier.

If I don't get anything tomorrow then I will see if I can get sky to agree to send a replacement out.

Dave

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Sounds like a good idea
      Ray

click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Very unhappy with sky.

Still no router - sky cs say they are chasing the router with parceline - they refuse to issue a replacement until they get a response from parceline.

Will ring sky again on Monday and if I don't get anything positive out of them think I will cancel and start again.

Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12