Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No connection since Tuesday!!!

This is a discussion on No connection since Tuesday!!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; My connection died on Tuesday and since then I've not been able to connect (flashing amber light on my router) ...

ady199 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leamington Spa
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

No connection since Tuesday!!!

My connection died on Tuesday and since then I've not been able to connect (flashing amber light on my router) - I phoned Sky Support last night and of course had to run through all the scripted support questions - at the end of a 30 minute marathon session - the problem still remained!

At the end of the conversation I was then told that a support ticket had been raised and that I would be contacted within 3 - 5 days!

Does it normally take this long for support to contact you?? and if there is still a problem - do they contact BT??

Thanks in advance.

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Sorry to see this ady

If the (i) Internet light is flashing amber then I would suggest that its a problem with the connection at the exchange and as SkyBB have the ability to test the line you are on they should have or would have seen a fault on it in which case it would be passed to one of the higher tiers I am guessing tier3 and it can take a while for them to get back to you I'm afraid.

Though I would call SkyBB TS back to make sure
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well its now Friday - still no Internet and still no phone call from Sky!!!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      You did say they said 3 to 5 days and they can take as long if not longer so call them back.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

stevvie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bradwell Abbey (SMBA)
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      The main thing to remember with sky is to be persistent and always ask to be put through to someone about a refund. I had no internet last week for about 13-15 hours and I got 25 off my next bill.

Iron_Maiden is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Being part of the sky BB custumer service team i can say that T3 do get lots of ring backs they need to make, what i would suggest is phone customer services, ask to be "warm" transferred to tech support and get the cust service agent to get a tech Team Leader for you through the tech agent, everytime i have done this my customer had got speaking to a Team leader and has got the information they needed.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Many thanks for the info guys - just to give you an update, I'm still without Internet - same problem, flashing amber light on my router. I phoned Sky on Friday and was promised that someone would phone me back on Saturday, Sunday morning came and yep you guessed it, no phone call. I phoned them back on Sunday and asked why no-one phoned me back on the Saturday and person on the end of the phone said 'I don't know why you were told that - the earliest will phone you is Monday or Tuesday of next week!' I then asked to be transferred over to the Tech department, so I could speak to then direct and I was told that they were unable to do this and I should wait for their phone call.

Here's hoping!!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Update:-

Phoned Sky last night as it was 6 days since I logged the fault, I was told that the problem was PROBABLY with Tier 3 who would phone me back' I told them that this was unacceptable and to put me through to them - after holding on the line for a grand total of 8 minuntes, I was eventually put through.

The lady on the phone carried out a number of tone tests etc, etc, and even capped my line to see if the router would sync - nothing worked! she then informed me that it was probably a problem at the exchange - she's now logged a call with BT and that it takes 5 working day's to get the report back from BT.

Will I ever get my connection back................? here's hoping!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

latest Update:-

I had a VM left yesterday with the following message on it:-

Hi Its Tony here from Sky Broadband, BT have now looked at your line and have cleared the fault - please re-connect your router and everyhting should now be working'.

Great I thought - re-connected my router and........yep you've guessed it - the same problem remained.

I phoned Sky Broadband to tell them that the problem remained and they told me that they had no reference as to who 'Tony' was and they had nor record of the phone call to me.

After 20 minutes I was eventually put through to tier 3, yet again they carried out a series of tests and yet again the problem remained.

I've now been told that I have to wait up to 5 days for Sky Broadband to get in contact with BT to see what they fixed (?)

oh well, will just have to grin and bear it...!!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Damn sorry to see this is still going on

Maybe a few emails to some of these will help?

Tech Support email is:

BroadbandTechnicalSupport @B SkyB.com

Customer Service is:

BroadbandCustomerService @ BSkyB.com

Skys normal CS dept is:

CustomerZone @ BskyB.com

James.Murdoch @ sky.com
      Ray

click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast