Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

No connection since Tuesday!!!

This is a discussion on No connection since Tuesday!!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Wheelie Damn sorry to see this is still going on Maybe a few emails to some of ...

ady199 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leamington Spa
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post
      Damn sorry to see this is still going on

Maybe a few emails to some of these will help?

Tech Support email is:

BroadbandTechnicalSupport @B SkyB.com

Customer Service is:

BroadbandCustomerService @ BSkyB.com

Skys normal CS dept is:

CustomerZone @ BskyB.com

James.Murdoch @ sky.com
      Many thanks for the info

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      A lot of members have said that they have managed to get problems fixed one way or another from one or more of the address so I hope it helps you
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Latest update:-

Had a phone call from Sky Broadband today to say that BT had found another problem at the exchange (a loose switch), and that they had now fixed it and my Broadband service should now work.

When I got home from work I plugged my router back in, yep you've guessed it the same problem remained - (flashing amber light), I phoned Sky to inform them that the problem remained - they infomed me that I would need to test it from my test socket, when I told them that I had it plugged in to the test socket - I was told to try diffferent filters on it and to phone Sky back if it still wasn't working. After trying all the filters the problem still remained.

I once again phoned Sky, who said that they would try and put me through to tier 3, after holding on for 10 minutes, the lady on the end of the phone said that the current wait time was 40 minutes and did I want to hold - at this I just laughed and said what do you think..........

She then informed me that she would get her manager to email Tier 3 for them to phone me......when I asked if this would be tonight, she told me, nope it will be in the next 24 hours!!!

To say that I'm now pi**ed, is an understatement, I've gone a total of 2 weeks now without Broadband access (writing this using my crappy dialup connection)

What do I have to do to get a WORKING connection - would it be quicker for me to contact BT??
      Last edited by ady199; 12-12-06 at 09:10 PM.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I am really sorry to see this is still dragging on and I wish it was as easy as phone BT but I am sorry to say that will get you know where all they will tell you to did is talk to your ISP.

You could try asking SkyBB to put you through to customer relations and see if they can sort this mess out.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Customer Relations should be able to sort you out with something i.e Refund!

But those email addresses posted are VERY useful when you need an answer!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Update:-

Got home from work to find my connection working! thank god for that, I phoned Sky to see what the problem had been and they informed me that BT replaced the faulty switch yesterday with another faulty switch!! (Exchange), they identified the problem this morning and replaced the switch with a working one!

Oh well its only taken them 2 weeks and 1 day to fix the problem.

Let's hope I don't have anymore problems......

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Damn how dumb is that

At least you are rocking and rolling again
      Ray

click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12