Results 1 to 10 of 11
This is a discussion on phone problem within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hello to you all and what a great website i have a problem with my sky bb when i use ...
- 27-11-06, 11:44 PM #1
hello to you all and what a great website
i have a problem with my sky bb when i use the phone my router disconects until i hang up then i have to reboot the router
any ideas whats going on
i have been trying to get sky bb to work since late oct with drop connections fried routers slow speeds and alot of problems
any help please
- 27-11-06, 11:44 PM #2Site FounderExchange: Marshalls CrossBroadband ISP: Sky Broadband UnlimitedRouter: Sagem F@ST 2504nSky TV: Sky+HD box
Try swapping the filter thingy for a different one
- 27-11-06, 11:47 PM #3
hello tried that added more took some away still no luck i have been with ntl for years and i think ive made a big mistake with skybb
- 28-11-06, 12:11 AM #4
It really does sound like an adsl filter problem. how many phones do you have? Are the phones being filtered?
- 28-11-06, 12:19 AM #5
And your Sky box, you need a filter on that too.
- 28-11-06, 12:24 AM #6
hello i have 4 phones dotted around but they are dect phones only one plug in with a filter my sky box is not filterd i will try that and see if theres any difference
thank you for the advise
- 28-11-06, 12:25 AM #7Site FounderExchange: Marshalls CrossBroadband ISP: Sky Broadband UnlimitedRouter: Sagem F@ST 2504nSky TV: Sky+HD box
Try unplugging all of them apart from 1
You can only have an REN of 4 in a domestic home
Each phone is 1.0 normally etc, check the bottom of the phone base unit, it will tell you there. so 4 x 1.0 plus sky box could be tipping it over the edge?
- 28-11-06, 12:30 AM #8
tried only one phone plugged in no sky box plugged in just skybb dial a number and there goes my connection dropped again
is it bt or sky
- 28-11-06, 12:33 AM #9Site FounderExchange: Marshalls CrossBroadband ISP: Sky Broadband UnlimitedRouter: Sagem F@ST 2504nSky TV: Sky+HD box
Just try this quickly
If your dsl drops every time the phone rings, there are usually 2 things that cause this.
1) a bad filter in your house. If a filter is bad or missing it can cause the dsl to drop either when the phone rings or if someone picks up the phone with the bad filter.
2) The other reason could be on Qwest's side. It's called a POTS splitter. You have one of these if you have BOTH phone and DSL. It's what sort of combines the 2 together. There are a number of problems that can occur with a bad pots splitter. i.e. DSL works - phone totally dead, Phone works-dsl - totally dead, disconnects, etc...
I suggest that you hook up the dsl modem by itself. DISCONNECT ALL PHONES IN THE HOUSE. Do NOT have anything connected at all except the dsl modem. No filters, phones, directv, digital cable, or anything else in a phone jack. Then when you are up and surfing, take your cell phone and call your house. Technically it should just ring and ring. Unless you have voice mail in which case it will go to voice mail after so many rings. Anyway, see if when the line is ringing in your cell phone if it is dropping you off. If it DOESN'T, then it's probably one of the filters, jacks, or wiring.
- 28-11-06, 12:38 AM #10
thank you for that i will in the morning stressing me out now
keep up the good work on here its much needed
thanks again for your help