Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sky cancelled my service

This is a discussion on Sky cancelled my service within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi there, I'm pulling my hair out with Sky at the moment and am now experiencing their frustrating customer service ...

PeteH is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky cancelled my service

Hi there,

I'm pulling my hair out with Sky at the moment and am now experiencing their frustrating customer service and non - existant technical support.

The background is that I switched from Pipex to Sky Max back in September and experienced a number of problems - getting the router and having the activation date deferred twice. The second time I got this letter I had already received the router and after connecting up was receiving the Sky Max service. I phoned Sky to tell them all was ok but they insisted I was not receiving a service from them.
      Many many days & phone calls later I was contacted by a "Technical manager" who advised that the system that provided the broadband service was recognising me but their Customer service system was not and that they needed to sync the 2 systems together. It would be a case of them fixing this internally or cancelling the service and resubmitting the order which I was advised could 4-6 weeks. I said I would be really unhappy if that was the case and he promised no action would be taken without prior discussion with myself.

All was fine for 2 months until November 16th when I found no internet light on my modem. I was told by Sky twice that BT were working on my exchange. Later that day I was told Sky had actually ceased my service but did not know why. I asked whether it was due to the problem when I took out the service but was told "it might be" A complaint letter was sent immediately to which I have still not received a reply. I tried to escalate and speak to someone who could explain but was told they were all "back office" and didnt deal with customers - Great !!

The cease had been placed in early November and they told me they would be able to put through a new order on Friday 17th Nov as the cancellation process was completing on the 16th. I had to call back to arrange the re-submission and assumed all would be fine. Phoned back Tuesday 21st Nov to check on the progress and was told the order had rejected due to "an incompatible product on the line". Was told to phone BT Wholesale and check the line.

BT Wholesale advised line was free / no markers and that an ADSL service would be fine so I went back to Sky who re-ordered once again. I phoned Wednesday 22nd and they said the order was proceeding ok. Phoned again yesterday and was told the order had rejected for the same reason. Contacted BT Wholesale again this morning and was told they were not rejecting anything, they ran line checks and pre-order submissions and said all was fine. They were not sure whether my BT Redcare could have been causing an incompatiblily problem but later confirmed not and as I had been running ADSL with Redcare this was not a problem. So now I am about to call Sky again - this will be the last time ! BT are adamant the problem is with Sky as they cannot even see the order submissions coming through from Sky.

Why I am doing all the running around I don't know !!!

If anyone can give me any suggestions / advice then I would be greatful. If not I suppose I will have to look elsewhere which would be a shame because up till last week I was happy with the actual broadband service itself.

Cheers
      Pete

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      This sounds exactly the same problem I had trying to switch to TalkTalk!!, "Incompatable product on line" the difference was it took 5 weeks between them saying "yep its all ok now" and then sending yet another letter saying "incompatable compatable product on line"! we spent a full 5 months going round in circle's between them and BT and got absolutely no where! then after seeing about there poor service on Watchdog I told them to shove it.
      I'm now with Sky and the switch went as smooth as silk! 10 days it took. I do still have a couple of small problems with Sky but in the process of fixing that now.
      I was beginning to wonder if the problem was BT not wanting to let go of the line especially as talktalk insisted it was BT's fault. But then the switch to Sky went well so it couldn't have been BT's fault!

spike7451 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Donaghadee
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Unfortunatly we have been getting a lot of these lately....And it's not fun telling a punter that someone has ballsed up!

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      If they know this is happening, Why dont they have something like, a Line Manager or SuperVisor has to authorise a CEASE or Disconnection?

Amberlodge1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

In the same Boat

Hello

I am in the same boat as you.

Sky installer my router 11th November then somehow it got cancelled and I have been waiting ever since.

The last check today reported that the original oder has not been cleared yet so I have to wait for it to be cleared before they can process the order again.

Nobody is taking responsibility for the cancellation Sky or BT and i dont know how to track the order and some users on the forum have reported.

I know the order has been raised for management inspection.

Paul Simpson
      Amber Lodge Nursing Home

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Unlucky people! You will just have to re-order and wait for the whole process again!

sh500 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @Amberlodge1

I'm another customer whose line has been ceased after about 2 months, with like you guys, no-one taking any responsibility for the cause.

I think Sky are fully aware of why the problem is happening but they do not want to give this information to their customers.

We are all 'guinea pigs' for Sky to test out their 2nd, no 3rd rated system on!

Would I be right in saying that most people with this sort of problem are finding it difficult to stay with Sky in the hope that the problem will be resolved soon or whether to cancel (and possibly pay more), with another ISP?

The ONLY attractive thing about Sky was indeed the monthly payments. You know what they say though- you get what you pay for!

Side Note: How long before Sky BB stories end up on BBC's Watchdog- they've already had the faulty Sky+ boxes on there!!
      Last edited by sh500; 25-11-06 at 11:21 AM.

Amberlodge1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Am I Right

Am I right in assuming that the Sky Broadband deal is effectively BT Total Broadband?

Paul

john316 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lark Lane
      Broadband ISP: Still not on Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      In what way? BT have absolutely nothing to do with the Base/Mid/Max packages. The Connect package is just a bog standard ADSL Max package that most providers supply.
      Last edited by Wheelie; 25-11-06 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Please do not quote the preceding post. Please use QUOTE sparingly if you wish to aim a reply at a user then please use @User

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @Amberlodge1

Why on earth would you think that SkyBB at the moment is just that Broadband only though you have to be a Sky TV Customer to receive it.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast