Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sky cancelled my service

This is a discussion on Sky cancelled my service within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by FibreOptic If they know this is happening, Why dont they have something like, a Line Manager or ...

spike7451 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Donaghadee
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by FibreOptic View Post
      If they know this is happening, Why dont they have something like, a Line Manager or SuperVisor has to authorise a CEASE or Disconnection?
      Dunno,We have to check with BT Wholesale to find out what the score is,then we contact provisioning who,on a couple of occasions,heve denied what has happened BUT when you tell them you've already spoke to BT,they do a little bak-peddal.
      UNFORTUNATLY, They then dodge the bullet & tell you "The customer will have to re-order" & wont offer any more help!
      Leaving us in Tier ? to break the news to the punter & bear the brunt of the backlash.
      So,can I just say,before you lose the rag at Tier1/2 or 3,it's not our fault!!!

2. Advertisement
      PeteH is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Over the weekend Sky have again told me that BT have rejected the re-order. I then phoned BT Wholesale for the 3rd time in a week who ran check after check on my line and said there were no tags nor anything stopping an ADSL service. Went back to Sky who then started saying that my BT Redcare was the issue after I mentioned it - strange how they ran side by side on my line for 3 months no problem before. Wentback to BT who said my Redcare was compatible with ADSL so thats not it either.

Who do I believe ? I'm leaning toward BT and think the issue is with Skys automated ordering system.
      Next step for me is to try another provider as my order with Sky has gone into that Pending Cease mode which they advise can take another 30 days to clear. This should tell me once and for all where the problem is. Any recomendations ??

Jackson_50 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

re:

This cannot be verified as of yet, but before any of these calls started coming in, we were warned that either provisioning dept or BT (nobody knows) had cancelled / ceased 7000 lines (both connect and LLU'd accounts).
      Probably been BT (if connect packages were involved). They were guilty of adding a 14 day delay onto over 10,000 activation dates.

I am not sticking up for Sky, but any operation on this scale is going to encounter problems along the way, BIG problems. No matter how well you plan it out.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      @ Jackson

So, Just so I can understand it properly from your post, 7000 customers on Sky Broadband have been or had their lines ceased for no apparant reason? Having been connected to Sky already? Hence leaving them in the situation of having no broadband for 30 days or so?

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Thanks
      Jackson50's correct.But they did'nt tell us about the 14 day MINIMUM wait.
      But it's funny how BT could get my BT BBand service up & running before the deadline...

arthurfuxake is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Basingstoke
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Jackson_50... This wouldn't have happened around midday a couple of days ago by any change ?

My Max was working fine one minute, then all of a sudden no internet light on the router and 0kb on the router status page (i.e. no sync to the exchange). It's been like that for 2 days now. Support say they've passed the call to Tier3 and I'll have to wait for up to 7 days for a call from them!... but I have a real nasty feeling that I've been disconnected for no apparant reason.

sh500 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @arthurfuxake

Sounds like a similar problem to the rest of us; my line was ceased on the 24th October.

Press the 'Sky Test' button and see what message you get- mine is reading Error code 100.

Decided to phone up Sky yesterday; just as I thought, the incompetent people have not done anything since 2 weeks ago when i was told that my line would be in the process of being activated. Someone from provisions dept said call back in 7 days...No sooner had I asked them what had been happening during those last 2 weeks, They said "let me put you through to customer services"- line got cut off!

You phone up CS and they tell you, 'well its with our Tech team and it will take as long as it takes'. Phone up Tech dept and they put you through to CS for a possible apology (I've not had one as of yet!).

Thanks
      @sh500-
      If you have a ticket number (it'll be in chordiant if you dont have it to hand) ask to be put thru to Tier 2 where we'll look into it.

Jackson_50 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

RE:

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      @ Jackson

So, Just so I can understand it properly from your post, 7000 customers on Sky Broadband have been or had their lines ceased for no apparant reason? Having been connected to Sky already? Hence leaving them in the situation of having no broadband for 30 days or so?
      Sorry for the delayed responce.
      But yes, you are correct. 7000 Lines ceased for no apparent reason.
      Leaving user with no BB , and no ability to get BB for 30 working days.

bravedan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Littlehampton (SDLTTLH)
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by sh500 View Post

The ONLY attractive thing about Sky was indeed the monthly payments. You know what they say though- you get what you pay for!

Side Note: How long before Sky BB stories end up on BBC's Watchdog- they've already had the faulty Sky+ boxes on there!!

"You get what you pay for"................... Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr NO, not with SKY you don't!!!!

17 a month for Connect....that very frequently doesn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I probably have put my router's power socket through more cycles than it's lifetime quotient.....Email rubbish, SKY website largely inaccessible..........weeks, then months and NO signs of an improving service.

This total shambles and fiasco should have got to air big time LONG AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We owe it to the people who are still being lured by the continued advertising, only to also get a rubbish service.

Need some good data from users of this site re: issues to give Watchdog a reasonable "measure" of the current state...............

Dave
      My Bus speed is 26 mph, what's yours??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast