Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

A couple questions about getting online with Sky

This is a discussion on A couple questions about getting online with Sky within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi everyone Just have a couple questions about sky BB . I ordered sky BB mid package about 2 weeks ...

Blue is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

A couple questions about getting online with Sky

Hi everyone

Just have a couple questions about sky BB.

I ordered sky BB mid package about 2 weeks ago. I received my router package this week and my activation date is set for this coming Monday, the 27th of November.

Ok I have a couple questions.

1. On Monday how exactly do I get online?
      I followed the CD instructions but it stopped when it got to the end where it tries to find a connection, it says thereís no connection yet, obviously, so I just exit the CD. So come Monday, what do I do? Is there a phone number, username and password I should have to put into the internet connections settings? Or should I run the CD again?

2. I have been a BT broadband customer for years and have a BT micro-filter fitted into my wall, meaning the BT engineer had removed my normal telephone outlet in the wall and installed this BT micro-filter. When I plug my internet cable from my sky router straight into this micro-filter, I get the internet light on my router lit up steady green, however when I plug the internet cable from my sky router into the sky micro-filter and then plug that into the BT micro-filter, I get no internet light on my router, so Iím not sure whether the use of two (generic Iím guessing) micro-filters might cause some problem or cancel out the connection. Itís not a big deal I know, just wanted to make sure which way to use the router.

Thanks for any help.

I have called sky about these enquiries but the guy who answered my call wasnít too sure and said heís more used to getting calls about the internet light NOT showing up :-) . Iíve also tried calling tech support but itís taking forever to get through so I thought let me try the forum.

Cheers.

2. Advertisement
      Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      You dont really need to use the CD, Its plug and play! Just pop in the ethernet cable and you should be away!

The cd comes in handy if you wish to use McAfee!

Also use all the new cables, New Microfilter and everything!

Also remember that is uptil 12pm on the 27th!

Blue is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

thanks FO! that's great. with BT adsl i still had to dial in to get online, even though it only took a couple of seconds to dial, but i still had to use a phone no, username, etc. this way it makes things much easier.

cheers