Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

3 months and still not connected...advice sought!

This is a discussion on 3 months and still not connected...advice sought! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, Several activation dates, many different excuses from Sky and approx. 80 long days have come and gone since I ...

boyled is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

3 months and still not connected...advice sought!

Hi,
      Several activation dates, many different excuses from Sky and approx. 80 long days have come and gone since I first ordered my Sky MAX package. Latest situation is that on the 1st Nov I was told that I had faulty tie pairs that needed a BT engineer to fix at the exchange and this could take up to 30 days. It's now 23rd and there is still no action but I appreciate the 30 days aren't up yet. However, speaking to Provisioning today, they now tell me that it's actually an Easynet engineer that has to resolve the tie pair problem and that, unless they have multiple problems at an exchange, an engineer won't go out to fix 'just' one fault (ie. mine). As a result of this, Provisioning say that there is aboslutely no guarantee that the 30 day turn around will be met and it could in theory sit there indefinitely...whilst I admire their frank response, surely this cannot be true...can it? Also, I notice on the BT site that there was an LLU LINE SHARE scheduled for yesterday on my line but this is still showing as In Progress. Is this related to the tie pair issue or completely unrelated? My MAX order has been going on since Sep 1st and I'm getting desparate now so when I checked with Sky this morning about cancelling I was told this may take upto 30 days....dilemma - keep hoping for Sky/Easynet to get it sorted or cancel? Have I got no way out of this shambles?
      Any advice appreciated!
      Thanks.

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site boyled

If the BT Checker is saying PROVIDE LLU LINE SHARE PSTN and it was due to be completed yesterday then I dont see how you can have a tied pair problem so I would be calling this number ( 0207 7053000) and ask to speak to the Customer Relations Team and explain it all to them.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Cyrus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Streetly - CMSTRE
      Broadband ISP: Max, 15.3MB Downstream! B E A Utiful
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      In addition, call Sky Customer Services & INSIST that they put you through to Sky Customer Relations, they really do take action, and you get a contact name who knows what they are taking about.
      "If you are planning for a year, sow rice;
      if you are planning for a decade, plant trees;
      if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people."

boyled is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I've just spoken to Customer Relations as advised...

They say that it was true what I was told earlier and that an Easynet engineer has to visit the exchange to fix the tie pair problem and that it could go on indefinitely until the Easynet engineer has multiple reasons to go the exchange. With regards to why the LLU LINE SHARE is scheduled...the answer from Customer Relations is "it must be something BT are doing but I can guarantee that the tie pair issue must be resolved first by Easynet and that we cannot give you any indication of when this might be done".

So, no resolution in sight and back to the dilemma of cancel or wait!

Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Faced with an unknown resolution timescale I'd cancel mate.

That this has dragged on for 3 months is pathetic in my opinion. Also the response that they won't send an engineer unless there are multiple problems is shocking to say the least

Lets say that you choose to cancel & subscribe with another supplier, Easynet surely have a legal obligation to attend to the problem at the exchange to allow you to migrate away? So why not fix the problem now & have done with it.

I'd speak with them boyled & ask how they intend to resolve the issue so that you can sign up to another provider. If you get no joy go to the Ofcom web site which gives clear instructions of how to lodge a complaint

Good luck mate

sparkyspark is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: brentwood
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi Boyled.

I am also in a similar position to yourself - although admittedly I have been waiting for 'only' one month for the so-called 'tie line' problem to be fixed (Are you on the Brentwood, Essex exchange also??). I have received so many diffenrent versions of the position from Sky (custservices. tech support etc) that I do not know what the real truth is now. In one version I was told the tie pairs are fixed, as a matter of routine, approx 5 days after reporting errorr to Sky. Clearly nonsense as both you and I can testify. What makes it even more frustrating is that I was previously with Wanadoo. They were, in all respects bar price, absolutely excellent. I would go back to them like a shot if it could easliy be arranged