Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reconnection after debt

This is a discussion on Reconnection after debt within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, I have been connected to sky broadband since the end of september. Allthough the connection has been flaky ...

insertjokehere is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wadsley Bridge
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Reconnection after debt

Hi all,

I have been connected to sky broadband since the end of september. Allthough the connection has been flaky in the evening it has been getting better. To cut a long story short we changed payment details for sky to a new account via direct debit. Due to lack of funds in the account the payment didnt go through and we got cut off from sky on wednesday 15th and broadband on friday the 17th.

Nedless to say I have now settled the debt and direct debit set up. After calling tech support 3 times I am none the wiser. The router gives 0db as the line attenuation (no flashy green internet light either) which should indicates we have no signal. This contrary to sky saying that we our account says that our connection is active. I would have expected there would have needed to be a reauditing of the line before it would become active again, as I assumed we got "cut off" rather than them just rejecting authentication.

What is the normal procedure after being cut off? To top things off apparently our exchange (Wadsley Bridge) has been having a few problems too, yet when i rang sky today they say they have been fixed. Oh and is there a way to get past the "troubleshooting" that tech support wants you to do when the say "is it plugged in" and all the stuff that is the obvious.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.
      Thanks,

Lawrence

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site insertjokehere

Sorry to read about the problems you have had.

I am not sure that this one has come up on here before so unless one of the Sky people who visit this forum call give you an answer then I would suggest you can the main Sky TV Customer service number and talk with them since all Sky billing is done via Sky TV.

Good luck and hope you get it sorted out sooner rather than later.
      Last edited by Hornet; 22-11-06 at 02:23 PM.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks wheelie.

In one of my sky telephone binge sessions, i went between customer services, tech support and billing. They recongnise that the debt has been paid off (and I have a letter to confirm this) but none of them seem to recongnise that I am getting no internet signal, as thier records still have me as having a connection. Is there any way of testing the status of my line other than going through sky (or getting them to do a proper test)?

thanks

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I really wish I had an answer, the way I see it is as your accounts were suspended for both services I would imagine that for some reason its not been reinstated on the SkyBB side so there system would confirm you have a connection but someone has forgotten to or hasnt pressed the correct button to allow it to run again.

All I can think of is you try calling ( 0207 7053000) and ask to speak to the Customer Relations Team and explain it all to them and see what they can find out.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

spike7451 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Donaghadee
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      If you've been cut off,Tech Support wont be able to help you.It's the Provisioning dept you want as you're line might have been ceased.That would show up in Penfold that Provisioning use.The systems we use might not be updated & we dont use Penold.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks spike, what number and extension do i have to call for provisioning?

Thanks
      Not at work today so I dont know but if you ring Tier 1 (08705515515 &ask for them to put you thru.
      It might not be the case,but I think that's where your problem lies.You'll get thru to Order Status first tho.Ask them to check & pass you thru.
      Oh,& dont mention I said so on here as we can get sacked for posting here.
      Cheers
      Last edited by Wheelie; 22-11-06 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Please do not quote the preceding post. Please use QUOTE sparingly if you wish to aim a reply at a user then please use @User

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      There you go insertjokehere thanks for that spike
      Ray

click here

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      When our sky was mistakenly disconnected, All we did was ring up and have it put back on!
      They sent a signal to the router and one to the TV and it was on in 15mins max!

Thanks
      Problem there is of late,we've been getting a hell of a t of ceased lines for no apparent reason.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast