Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Well ball seems to be rolling

This is a discussion on Well ball seems to be rolling within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Just received the following letter from sky confirming my order for BB Max Dear Mr Thomas I'm delighted to confirm ...

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thumbs up Well ball seems to be rolling

Just received the following letter from sky confirming my order for BB Max

Dear Mr Thomas
      I'm delighted to confirm the equipment you've ordered, detailed below.
      Broadband Box: 0.00
      Total Price: 0.00
      Rest assured that if you need delivery and installation then that's all been sorted too. Oh, and we'll shortly get in touch with you to confirm any other details e.g. any subscription payments.
      Your Broadband Max is provided under the Sky Broadband Subscription Contract which will be emailed to your new sky.com email address.
      You will shortly receive a letter notifying you of when BT expect to activate your line so you can start using your broadband service.
      Once your Sky Broadband Box is installed and BT have activated your line you will be ready to login and access all that Sky Broadband has to offer. To login you will need to use the username below.
      So it would seem everything is going as planed will update this as it goes
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

2. Advertisement
      spcdust is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I also had this letter, telephoned Sky afterwards and was given a firm activation date yet two days later I telephone them and am told rather ambiguously "there's been a problem provisioning your line, we'll investigate and call you back".

I'm trying to cut them some slack as it's hopefully launch teething problems but ultimately feel slightly disappointed. My advice to anyone is to call Sky to check the progress of your order...just in case.

spcdust

Note to Mods:
      I'm going to create a new thread with this advice.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yes I had a phone call from them a little while ago saying that there been a problem with something or other and that the order had now gone through so my activation date was delayed slightly.

I sort of caught the poor guy off guard because I said it will happen when it happens so long as it happens before the 20th Sep I don't mind he said it would.

As far as I am concerned its no good having a go at the poor guy on the phone its not his fault, at least they are keeping me informed who could ask for more
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      rumour has it BT are rather slow at activating and Sky are anticipating a day delay or so, will bring you more information on this as we have it.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Now that sounds about right, so no real surprise there
      Ray

click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well the routers showed up at about 14.30 so I am now halfway there, I like the little Sky logo on the front of it
      Ray

click here

vishal is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kenton Road (LWKROA)
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      wheelie, did you recieve the letter in the post which details the activation date?

hugsie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: CMASHF
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post
      Well the routers showed up at about 14.30 so I am now halfway there, I like the little Sky logo on the front of it
      I am green with envy They tried to deliver mine today, but I was at work , So I have to rebook a delivery.....

But I did get my activation date as the 31st

I just hope that works out.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well there is still plenty of time for you to get it then

I still have to receive a letter with my activation date but that will show up when its ready
      Ray

click here

brucemac is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: South Shields
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Sounds like it is going well for you and nearly there. Hopefully will be the same for most and not too many people having problems with the line

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast