This is a discussion on connection speed within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, Please help! Can someone help? Are these right, I am suppose to be on 3mb DownStream Connection Speed 416 ...
- 21-11-06, 09:30 PM #1
Can someone help? Are these right, I am suppose to be on 3mb
DownStream Connection Speed 416 kbps
UpStream Connection Speed 416 kbps
- 21-11-06, 10:25 PM #2Site FounderExchange: Marshalls CrossBroadband ISP: Sky Broadband UnlimitedRouter: Sagem F@ST 2504nSky TV: Sky+HD box
Have you tried the test socket behind the master socket?
Try this and then report back if possible
- 21-11-06, 10:27 PM #3
Can you post your downstream connection speed, attenuation and noise margin please? (Those stats you have posted certainly look very odd).
Curious about your "supposed to be on 3mb" comment. Why do you expect 3mb?
- 21-11-06, 11:05 PM #4
Thanx it was a problem at tier3 end for some reason they fixed it to 416kbps but ok now.
- 21-11-06, 11:06 PM #5Site FounderExchange: Marshalls CrossBroadband ISP: Sky Broadband UnlimitedRouter: Sagem F@ST 2504nSky TV: Sky+HD box
Are you still on 416 upload?
- 22-11-06, 06:38 PM #6
Upstream is now 384kbps
my downstream connection is 3008kbps
Connection Speed 3008 kbps 384 kbps
Line Attenuation 50.0 db 31.5 db
Noise Margin 18.3 db 14.0 db
Tier3 have said my phone line can only cope with these settings.
- 24-11-06, 12:30 PM #7
Your downstream attenuation is quite high at 50db.Sync - D-11221 kbps U-766 kbps
Attenuation D-38.5 db U-24.8 db
Noise Margin D-6.9 db U-11.5 db
Distance to Exchange - 1.14km
- 24-11-06, 01:37 PM #8
With your attenuation you have a potential connection speed of ~6000kbps.
Sky have decided your line can't cope with this so have quite aggressively capped you (hence your relatively high noise margin).
You have two options:
- live with this and enjoy a hopefully stable and reliable connection
- improve your line quality and ask Sky to shift or remove the cap
- 24-11-06, 10:10 PM #9
How can i improve my line quality.
- 24-11-06, 10:12 PM #10Site FounderExchange: Marshalls CrossBroadband ISP: Sky Broadband UnlimitedRouter: Sagem F@ST 2504nSky TV: Sky+HD box
Did you ever try the master socket and the test one behind?