Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Migration process

This is a discussion on Migration process within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello, 1st post here but I have been browsing here for a while knowing that I was switching to sky. ...

hgaule is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Blackburn
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Migration process

Hello, 1st post here but I have been browsing here for a while knowing that I was switching to sky. Great site btw.

I gave my MAC code to sky and they told me that my broadband would be switched from my current provider to sky on the 15th. Its now the 21st and I still haven't been migrated, my connection is still working on my old ISP. The 1st time I phoned sky they said 'oh yeah u have been migrated, plug ur sky equipment in and it will work' which I did and of course it didn't work. So i've phoned them again and they have now said that I need to phone my current ISP and cancel my contract then sky can take over the line??

That doesn't sound right to me cos if I cancel my current contract with my ISP sky will not be able to activate my line till the line has cleared which = two weeks without broadband. I said this to the woman on the phone and she said that if I cancelled then my ISP would release the line then sky could migrate and its the only way to do it.

Surely this can't be right, has someone here managed to sucessfully migrate without cancelling their old ISP first?

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Tim1964 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hoddesdon
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Who is your current ISP?

You only have to cancel or 'cease' the service if you are changing from one LLU'd provider to another (as Sky is). i was told the same as you were when I called today and was told my MAC was rejected 'because your ISP is LLU'd'. I phoned them to check and they (Madasafish) are not so I had to call Sky back (more on the phone bill) and jump through the hoops again (more on the phone bill).

If your line was clear then it wouldn't be migrating it would be the same as starting from scratch.

Good luck.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site hgaule

Rubbish do not do a cease with Freedom2surf usless as has been said by Tim you are on LLU which I doubt you are.

Have you checked the BT Checker to see what thats says ?
      Order tracking: Landline orders You will need to register if you don't already have an account.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

hgaule is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Blackburn
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks guys, I thought it was rubbish. I phoned them again and they said according to their records I have been transfered and i'm using their service. After 20min of troubleshooting which I knew wouldn't help they finally reffered me to Tier 3. Will have to wait a few days now till they contact me. Ill check out the above site Wheelie. BTW i'm not on LLU I asked F2S to change me back to IP stream specially then I could migrate.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Ok hgaule good luck lets hope its gets sorted out
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here