Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Cancelling is harder than signing up

This is a discussion on Cancelling is harder than signing up within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello, I am having trouble getting my MAC code from sky to move off my connect service to a better ...

Christopher is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sacriston
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cancelling is harder than signing up

Hello,

I am having trouble getting my MAC code from sky to move off my connect service to a better provider.

I phoned up on 11th November to cancel, I cancelled got a credit of 89 on viewing account and was told to expect a mac code by the end of the coming week (around 15th - 16th).

After cancelling I thought that maybe I should stick it out with sky, I phoned them back and they told me I should phone on monday morning before 8:30am to stop the cancellation. I phoned and was told that it wasn't possible to cancel the cancellation (another post exists explaining this)

I then decided I would move to zen as dslzoneuk.net rates them highly, I thought that the MAC code would be here by end of week and everything would go smoothly.

Phoned sky back on the 15th "where's my mac code?"

They said wait until Friday the 17th, so i did, still no mac code so i phoned then and was told that Monday it would definately be here, Monday came and the MAC code didn't, so today I thought that it must be here today, and walla it ISN'T!!

I just rang sky and asked where my MAC code is and no matter which number I ring i can't seem to get through to anyone who can help me properly, they just say "it will be another 5 working days", so why on earth does it take sky nearly 2 - 3 weeks to send a MAC code out and it takes BT 5 minutes to give you one over the telephone?

Sky departments just transfer you as soon as they hear the word MAC code, can anyone here at all advise me in any way how I can get through to sky (preferabley by phone) where someone will be able to deal with my issues, I just want to be off the service it is terrible I am only getting a speedtest score of 300k on speedtest.bbmax.co.uk when previously i got 6000k and upwards, thats not mentioning the cut outs every night!

Any help would be appreciated an awful lot!!

2. Advertisement
      AlbionDaz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wednesbury
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I am having the same problem,it took me nearly 2 hours and I got a pathetic reply in the end,they said Sky doesn't send Mac codes as my line will be cleared naturally.

Howcome you got Credit for cancelling though?

I had to cancel my TV as well so I didnt have to pay a charge?