Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

C L T card. Whats that then?

This is a discussion on C L T card. Whats that then? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello, Signed up to Skybroardband mid, got an activation date of 10/11/06, allow extra 3 days due to huge response, ...

blodwyn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newcastle under Lyme WMNEW
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

C L T card. Whats that then?

Hello,
      Signed up to Skybroardband mid, got an activation date of 10/11/06, allow extra 3 days due to huge response, fair enough! 16/11/06 still no green internet light. Phoned Sky and was told problem with BT. Phoned BT and was told no problems at all at their end. Phoned Sky back and was told my colleague got that wrong its a suspected CLT card problem at our end. The problem arose on 02/11/06 and is ongoing, so when will that be resolved I asked, I can't say they told me. Tried phoning again today and was told the same, still ongoing with no idea when it will be resolved.
      So what I was wondering is, what is a CLT card? And should I just give up and get another provider.

2. Advertisement
      The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      clt card is the test card we use to do diagnostics on your line, if it was faulty it would stop us running tone tests etc from the exchange and capitance tests etc.

it should not affect users that are connected. but may stop new users getting connected as they then could not test the line to make sure its working.

blodwyn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newcastle under Lyme WMNEW
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for the reply theg33k,
      That makes things a little clearer, could you tell me where these CLT cards are? At the exchange or skys end? And if there is a problem with them should it take 3 weeks (so far!) to resolve and Sky have no idea when it will be resolved. Surely the people we phone should have contact with whoever is supposed to be fixing the problem.

Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Just to give you a bit of advice Blodwyn.

The Sky CS & TS set ups are finely tuned to dealing with Sat TV issues & generally speaking its quite a slick operation HOWEVER we are not talking about Sat TV problems & as such maybe the existing set up is not all it could be.

I base my opinion on having dealt with several ISP's in the past & by numerous calls to Sky relative to BB issues.

From experiance, when you contact an ISP TS or CS department, the people you speak with or at least someone within the office has direct contact with BT so following a short period on hold you usually get an answer as to who what when where etc. Now, I don't think any of the Sky TS or CS people have this facility. They are reliant on what appears on their screen in front of them which is possibly being updated by someone with the Easynet organisation.

Actually getting a straight answer to a simple request along the lines of "when will the issue be resolved at the exchange" is impossible as the front line people simply aren't privy to that information, they don't normally find out when work is scheduled until ofter it has been done.

This is something Sky MUST resolve over time as in this age people expect quick straight answers to their questions.

In all fairness Sky took a huge punt with the BB service which I believe is set to cost them 400m in the first year. Couple that with a demand that has so far outstripped their anticipated take up of the service & you can see why they are having problems.

I seem to have rambled on a bit (sorry)

The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      clt card is in the exchange , once its logged to fault management it gets replaced as soon as possible. how long this takes we cannot give exact times, but as i said we can do alot of tests etc without this card.

30 days is what there aiming for as far as I know for exchange issues.