Results 11 to 20 of 23
Sky/Pipex migration problem
This is a discussion on Sky/Pipex migration problem within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; That will also mean no MAC hassle, Thats why we cancelled with Be and then ordered with Sky!...
- 20-11-06, 06:27 PM #11Skyuser Serial SpammerExchange: RedditchBroadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* ProRouter: Sagem F@ST 2504Sky TV:
- Join Date
- Oct 2006
- Redditch, WestMidlands, England, UK
- Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
- Blog Entries
That will also mean no MAC hassle, Thats why we cancelled with Be and then ordered with Sky!
- 20-11-06, 08:11 PM #12
I have his vision of cancelling then being unable to do anything!
Has anyone else been in this "Pre-activation cancellation" phase and why are Sky unable to reverse the process at all? Considering it doesn't appear to involve BT, I can't figure out why Sky/Easynet are unable to resolve it
- 21-11-06, 09:05 AM #13
Does anyone know if its indeed actually possible for Pipex to just issue me a new , different MAC code despite Pipex India saying otherwise?
- 21-11-06, 11:22 AM #14
Well, rang Provisions again today for another explanation of what has gone wrong and this guy did a much better job for me:
When the Mac code was rejected by BT, the order should automatically revert back to the beginning essentially. But instead, it has become stuck in the system and the First Level team can't do anything with it. They email their Internal Troubleshooters though who can free up the order and return it back to the stage it should be at. Now, I was told last night that it would take 10 days for someone to try and fix it but I was assured that it would actually take 3 days max. Once this has been done, then the order can be resubmitted to BT with the correct MAC code this time and the order should then continue onwards.
Hopefully by Friday, I will have a better idea on where we are at and if I'm fully back on track!
- 21-11-06, 05:30 PM #15
Good luck John, I did try and warn you that you might have problems...
- 23-11-06, 10:57 AM #16
Still waiting on a fix - just got off the phone and they say the Tech guys have accessed my account Tuesday and yesterday. He doesn't know how far they've progressed with the order yet though. Another phone call tomorrow I think but I'll be peeved if this rolls over to next week as I suspect. I really wanted this sorting this week so the order could reach BT before the weekend and I might have it for next weekend then
- 24-11-06, 03:46 PM #17
No update again today - they've got till Tuesday and then I'll just go with Be Internet instead. Totally ridiculous the amount of time its taking to just reset an order essentially and allow it to be sent again!
- 25-11-06, 09:20 AM #18
I 'migrated' from Pipex on 11 Sept - just got told last night by Tier 2 that they'll have to cease my order and re-submit - so that'll be New Year.
If they don't fastrack my cease, I'm taking my business elsewhere. They've had their chance, but I'm not sure who else to consider. Unfortunately, Be isn't available here - not till early 07.
- 25-11-06, 02:04 PM #19
Do Sky actually 'work' at weekends? Just thinking of ringing them for another update but won't bothered if the people that really matter don't work Sat/Sun.
- 27-11-06, 06:05 PM #20
Rang again today - still no update but the Woman I spoke to escalated the problem again for me. Getting very bored with the constant chasing I'm doing now